View Full Version : 96 Arctic Cat BearCat

shaftsinkerawc
02-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Hope I'm not wearing you guys out. I'm having machine problems. Looking for ideas on my problem with this one. I don't have a garage so everything is being done in the cold. I was wondering how long it takes gas to dissipate out of the cylinders after flooding the machine. I've pulled the plugs and pulled it over to get rid of the excess gas and put new plugs in and it fires a couple of times and then floods again. I've pulled the muffler off and can see gas comeing out of the exhaust ports. I bought this machine this past summer and it started fine. Had to pour some gas down the carb. to get it to fire up at first freeze up to get it moved. Now it acts like something is stuck open or old gas that has lost its pep. Any ideas?

Nick Olzenak
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
The first thing to check would be the fuel pump, sounds like the diaphrams may be cracked or worn and allowing gas to flow freely. Pretty easy to see once you get the pump dissasembled.

chickenminer
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm not familiar with this machine. Does it have fuel injection?
I'd suggest the fuel pump like Nick said. Also if this is standard carb
machine I would check the floats, sounds like they may be sticking.

shaftsinkerawc
02-08-2011, 08:38 AM
No fuel injection, No manual. Choke lever acts like it is semi frozen so I'll try and get it to someones garage and thaw it out first. Pump primer on this one works great.

shaftsinkerawc
02-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Thawed machine for 2 days. Polished the choke plunger & added some heat and fresh gas. Fired right up till I pulled it outside and then it died. Good thing my friend asked me if I had shut of the gas valve, which I had to try and clear out the excess gas. Ran great for the test run. Next test is if it will start cold. Thanks guys.