View Full Version : Mxt modes???

auminesweeper
03-20-2011, 12:33 PM
G Day Steve, I've just watched a utube video of someone doing a test with the MXT
fromthe Relic mode and the coins mode, from what i see the person is doing the test
with the MXT set up for the coins mode as in how much he has the gain set at for
the C/J mode trigger centerd, then he flicks in to the Relic mode, but when you use it
in the center and Relic mode you can turn the gain up because you have a slower sat speed, and this person claims the coins mode is deeper, but if he set the the MXT
up in C/J then went to relic and pushed the trigger forward he would then have a faster SAT speed then the two would then be equal would'nt they??

what is you view of his commets as i have always found the Relic mode deeper

he's the link,

thanks in advance john

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keoD5gvvAyA&feature=related

Steve Herschbach
03-20-2011, 02:13 PM
All I can say is the video proved nothing to me. The item is detected in both modes. The way I test is to bury an item deeper and deeper. I only say one mode or detector is deeper than another when I can no longer hear it with one mode or detector and not when in another mode or using another detector.

In his demo the Coin Mode appeared to boom out louder than the Relic Mode. But in Relic it is the soft third tone that indicates a deep target.

But whatever works for the guy. I admit to not worrying much over fractions of inches. Most of my effort goes into getting over the target.

auminesweeper
03-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Yes Steve i agree, since we had the third tone topic i have been puttin that into practice, Just as a matter of interest Steve what sort of depths
has the MXT found nuggets according to you knowledge,

I've seen coins come up beyoned a foot,

thanks again, John

Steve Herschbach
03-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Well, that is sort of a trick question. I have seen nuggets dug at over a foot at Ganes Creek with the MXT, like around 18". But you are talking some lunker nuggets!