View Full Version : 1813 Omega find. short video

Rick
03-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Found 5th old copper this season an 1813 half stiver, not bad shape either.

The video is very short, you shouldn't get bored.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yc_tiP89NQ

Jim Hemmingway
03-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Rick...this was the first chance I'd had to see your latest video. This one was a real quickie!!! Just now it occurred to me to ask you what your ground mineral readings were on this site. I don't recall if your Omega 8000 has an Fe3O4 meter but I think it does.

Anywho, thanks for posting the video on this forum Rick. This is the type of post I wish we could see more often here. Soon as the frost is out of the ground I hope to get out doing some coin / relic hunting and post similar threads.

I wonder if readers realize that this video was done using the video option on a 'regular' camera, because the audio / video clarity is great. Your other videos are just excellent. I guess there's no chance you could add the video showing the recovery of the early 1900s silver quarter? That is so :cool:

Jimbo.

Rocky
03-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Nice video and thanks for posting this Rick .

Steve in Idaho
03-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Those are nice finds

Matt (CA)
03-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Nice video and good stuff you found there. What is in the soil that corrodes coins and relics, fertilizers maybe?

Rick
03-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Jim,
Omega does not have a Fe304 meter, it does have a continuous "ground error" read out in a bar graph style. With error indicated with bars above or below your base line GB. Which is pretty cool as you know when it needs adjusting. It does spike to positive on a hot rock. I apologize I do not recall what the ground balanced at, but less than 80 for sure.

Matt,
Fertilizer is a bad one for sure. Maybe other things too. That particular coin would rank in the top 30% condition wise of the older coppers I find, about half are completely toasted.