View Full Version : Gold Bug Pro / SE - Oval DD coil

Reno Chris
04-27-2011, 09:31 AM
This weekend at the ICMJ show in Placerville I saw a factory prototype of a 9 x 6 oval DD. The coil runs well and I think it would be a good addition to the suite of coils available for this new detector. Personally I like DD coils for VLF nugget detectors and I like that size as a compromise for sensetivity, area coverage and depth.

nvborn45
04-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Chris,

What is your opinion of the Gold Bug Pro as a relic / coin detector? I like it's light weight and ease of use. I currently have an MXT which I think is excellent, but sometimes after a long day of swinging, I wish for less bulk.

Ken

Reno Chris
04-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I've used the Gold Bug Pro a fair bit as a coin detector and it works fine.

However if its a weight problem, you might consider getting a bunjii cord set up - I dont know what AMDS sells, but there are several types available. Even with a light detector, you still have the weight of your arm. I think you might find a bunjii cord would help a lot and its a whole lot cheaper than another detector.

Chris

nvborn45
04-28-2011, 02:53 PM
You are right of course. I had used one on a SD2200 I used to have, but had not tried one on my MXT. I'll get our some of my old bunjii's and rig something up.

Thanks Chris,
Ken

Jackpine
04-29-2011, 03:06 AM
I agree with you Chris in that it should be a good compromise size. So good in fact it should be the standard coil for the Gold Bug. Leave the 11" DD as standard on the G2 for the relic coin hunting crowd.
Of course having both coils would be a good thing!

HH Tom Z

Reno Chris
04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll buy one once its available to the public.

Chris