View Full Version : My First Find!

Akjosh
04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Just got my MXT this morning! Less than one hour out of the box i got my first find, a 1994 penny, not to mention about 30 pieces of metal (that I'm going to recycle). Thanks Steve and Bob, I'm hooked. I do have to say, it is a very easy MD to learn on.

Steve Herschbach
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Go to the nearest schoolyard and get around the playground equipment and dig everything. Just listen, watch the meter, and dig it all. Easy, you will learn a lot, and you will find stuff that surprises you. Good luck and thanks for the business!

Akjosh
04-27-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm going to a park tomorrow right by my house, it's small so I wont get overwhelmed by the area to cover. All I did today was mess around in the yard. I air tested a handfull of nuggets from 2/10 of a gram to 1.2 grams and it wasn't to bad considering it's not a prime tiny gold shooter. My first piece of advice, that you don't hear much, is Wear Boots! I emptied my sneakers every 10 minutes, haha live and learn!
Happy hunting!

Steve Herschbach
04-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Please leave no sign when digging in parks. Or we get outlawed. http://www.ohiometaldetecting.com/how-to.html

Akjosh
04-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Not to worry, I've watched at least 20 hours of MD videos and I was a boy scout, always leave it better than when you got there, especially picking up trash.