View Full Version : New MD Addicts

mattfam
05-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Hello Alaska,
My wife just blessed me with the Garrett AT PRO and she got herself a different model so that we could compare the models. We went out for the first time this week and had a blast! We were so excited when we found that first penny in our yard. I am teaching the kids to put the earth back the way that it was when we disturbed it; and taking ALL of our finds (trash and treasure) out with us as we hunt. We found some interesting "treasures", but the $1.87 in coins was a lot of fun. Does anyone have any advice on where we could have the most chance of success in finding gold nuggets in the valley / Houston / Talkeetna area? Also, how do you go about finding out if there is a problem (trespassing) when you are walking up a stream?

Rocky
05-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Looks like you are hooked and having fun detecting . That is what happens !
As to knowing where to go I will just say as I have been told on here , check into some clubs in your area , they will most likely know and have outings to places you can go .
Getting in with one of them a Club that is will give you access to a wealth of knowledge from the ones that have already learned and have been doing this for years .
This should get you started and going .

Good luck and HH .

Steve Herschbach
05-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Not to much nugget gold up that way. Closest good spot is the Petersville or Cache Creek District. Lots of claims in the area but there is also a State Recreational Mining Site at http://www.akmining.com/mine/peters.htm

mattfam
05-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you guys! We are going to find one of the clubs out here in the valley and see how things go. I appreciate the reference to Petersville.