View Full Version : First Gold at Crow Creek

Steve Herschbach
05-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I took Dana, Kurt, and James down to Crow Creek for their first nugget hunt on opening day weekend before last. Nothing special to report. The ground was still frozen at depth but they each managed to find their first nuggets. Nine little pieces total. Very small but showed what the Gold Bug 2 can do and so we went home happy.

ddmk6
05-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Sounds like a great day. Glad to hear your finally able to break out the detectors. I'm going to try and push into some of the high country tomorrow. If we make it there should be some open ground on the south facing slopes. It snowed again yesterday :-(, hopefully not too much up there.

Kenny

minerjoe01
05-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah its a joke around here too kenny. I'm still riding the snowmobile here in graeagle. Thinkin about hauling some gear up on it maybe. I'm worried we might not melt it all, bieng its still snowing today. I was riding in 18in of fresh powder last monday! Thanks to the iceland volcano! ha ha its just a nutty year, and i'm sick of it!

Minermike
06-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Come to Australia ! It is very hard to find snow here ! Plenty of nuggets, for the lucky ones !

ddmk6
06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Come to Australia ! It is very hard to find snow here ! Plenty of nuggets, for the lucky ones !

I would love nothing better than a trip to Australia. The wife wants to go to Italy though. I tried to tell her there's no gold in Italy. She didn't seem to care. Pretty sure I couldn't wander off from the tour and end up in Australia with out getting caught :-)

Kenny

Reno Chris
06-17-2011, 09:34 PM
tried to tell her there's no gold in Italy.

More than plenty in the Italian Jewelry stores!

minerjoe01
06-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I would love to come down to the island of gold! I'm glad the warm weather finally hit here in cal. It's been a slow year though. I'm almost up to an ounce so far, and i'm usually around 3 by now. Oh well. I was really hoping to at least get into the claim by july 4th, but its going to be much later than that. There is still 10+ feet on the road and the night time lows hit freezing last night. Not much will melt with those temps. Just glad to hear the gold in my ear!