View Full Version : GMT Default ground balance

baska
05-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi guys.... recently I bought GoldMaster GMT in mongolia. Everything is great except one thing. In GMT's user manual they say default GB reference value is 77 (ferrite). But when I switch on my GMT, my GB is always 50.
anything wrong with this number?

Best LUCK

Baska

ddmk6
05-29-2011, 09:26 PM
I think we need a little more information Baska. Are you running the GMT in auto tracking when you get the 50 number? Actually it does not matter if you are in auto or not as long as your machine is ground balanced. If the number is 50 and balanced, your ready to detect. The number will change as your ground conditions change while detecting. Main thing is you have a test piece and set the machine for the ground you are working and get the best possible signal from your test piece.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the GMT, it's a great machine.

Kenny

Barney 11
05-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi Baska---When you ground balance---auto or manual the number 50 changes to whatever the ground is giving you----correct??? Or----are you saying that the number 50 is the only number you get after balancing? If the number changes to the ground value---no problem as the 50 is only a starting reference point.

baska
05-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Really thanks for reply ddmk and Barney and sorry for my bad language skill.
50 is only a starting reference point. I mean when i switch on machine it gives me 50.The number is changing to ground value when i running in auto track mode and I could change GB in manual mode

I am just confused because in GMT english manual (i downloaded it from whiteselectronics.com) they write like this if i catch it correct..... when you switch on your machine default GB will be 77 and my detector gives me 50. This is only difference.

Best LUCK

Baska

ArcticDave
05-31-2011, 06:30 AM
Baska, mine does the same thing, dont think its really a problem. Most of the ground in my yard balances out at about 72, so its just a few button pushes from the 50 starting point.

I've started to GB mine with the "grab" button, that gets you real close, then you can fine tune from there.