View Full Version : Ganes Creek Week 3

highbanker58
06-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm going to be there for week 3. I would like to connect with anyone else on the forum that will be there that week.Getting to know you now, leaves more detecting time then. I was there in 2008. Dave

Loobie
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi Dave, I'll be there in week 3 too. My wife and son went with me last year on the final week. Going solo this year so I can put more swing time in. Never been one to sleep much. I'm pretty much a novice detectorist, but was still able to find almost 3 ounces by being persistant. We had a really cool guy from Arizona in our group named Ed. I know that our group this year will include Gary from California. He is a member of the forum. It will be good to meet you and we should have plenty of time for hello's in the Anchorage airport before the plane leaves. My name is Steve, but have had the nickname Loobie for years.

highbanker58
06-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Steve-I took home over 3 oz's in 2008.What detector/ coil did you have last year? Bringing the same one this year? Dave

Loobie
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Dave, last year I used an MXT with a stock coil. This year I hope my 15x18 s.e.f. coil works. Also bringing a GMT with stock coil. Steve

highbanker58
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Steve-I used the MXT with a super 12 coil and the GMT when I was there in 08.I'm bringing a larger 14"coil for the GMT this year. Have you used the SEF yet?

Loobie
06-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Dave, haven't had a chance to use the SEF for gold yet. I took one with me last year, but somehow it was defective when I got to Ganes. It wouldn't ground balance. I got it replaced and will try again this year. I have used it at the beach and did some yard testing. I am positive it will work great if I can swing it all day, and that's a big if. It's huge. I noticed last year that the MXT with the super 12 coil was a very good combination, and a 14" coil for a GMT....man, I'm drooling with envy. Can't wait to see that in action.