View Full Version : 2010 Ski-Doo "BCX" Project at AMDS

Nick Olzenak
03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
For those of you who do not, or are unable to follow us on Facebook I wanted to share our annual Ski Doo project with our new forum friends! Each year we feel obligated to start with a stock Ski Doo snowmobile and just start to get creative.

In an effort to tap into the Free Ride and backcountry crowd we decided to do something a little different than years past. Starting with a 2010 Backcountry X 800R we lengthened it out to 141x2.25 3"pitch. This enabled us to keep the Renegade X suspension which is a little more aggressive than the Summit while at the same time giving us more flotation. Fox EVOL R shocks up front and HPG Plus out back the shock package is perfect. Tapered handlebars, customized console all add to the perfect fit and finish. Clutching changes included custom straight TRA arms, spring, and Helix in the secondary from the 600 Summit giving better backshift.

The feedback and performance have been incredible, this sled climbs, carves, jumps, lands, and boondocks like no sled I have built.

With that said once I rode the ETEC the BCX just didn't do it for me... So what was the natural solution... Add an ETEC!

One of the worst parts about my job is having to get projects like this figured out and then of course get them out on the snow and test them! This weekend we will have the BCX ETEC out in the back country testing its new powerplant!

Irondog
03-07-2010, 04:42 PM
That's sick Nick, I want one too.