View Full Version : Ganes Creek Week Two

Steve Herschbach
06-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Doug is counting our Saturday finds in on Week 2. Monday was first full day with new group and two nuggets found over an ounce, mine the largest at 1.26 ounces. But it is basically a rock with a lot of gold in it so more a specimen than a nugget. Other one found was 1.04 oz by Gene. Between Sunday afternoon and Monday we are off to better start than Week 1. But raining now and looks like rain all day so we shall see how today goes. Never quite so fun in a rain coat and head net but at least it keeps the dust down!

highbanker58
06-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Steve - Congrats on the 2nd large nugget.Gold is gold even if it's basically a rock with gold! Was your nugget from the push and were there any smaller ones found? You are right though, when it rains there and the bugs don't care it takes a little longer to get the job done. I'll be there in 4 days.I barely have room for clothes,the gear takes up the whole suitcase. Dave

Steve Herschbach
06-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Nugget was in the push plus the other three small ones I found.

Yesterday my buddy Bernie found a 5.04 oz rock that has maybe an ounce of gold in it. A few other nuggets found but poor day - I got skunked myself. 38 degrees this morning and rain has stopped so looking better for today.

Loobie
06-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Geez...I thought it was getting up to 80 degrees, but 38? Might have to rethink clothing options. Hope all is well and the hunting is good. Tell Big nugget Bernie, Mike M from Cali, and Gene that Steve from Fl says hi and good luck.

silver dog doug
06-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Steve, It sounds like you are having a great time. I would be happy with your finds, when in Yukon and Chicken. I can't wait. Hope the gold Gods shine on you the rest of the week.
Take care and happy hunting. Doug

Steve Herschbach
06-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Been a cold spring/ summer. Hopefully you can update us on Week 3 Loobie.

Week 2 ends with 62 nuggets and 19.91 ozs. Detail tomorrow afternoon when I get home.