View Full Version : My first gold trip with gmt

baska
06-22-2011, 11:04 PM
HI guys
Last week I went to gold field with my new GMT. The place named Orkhon river gold deposit field. The place mined before by big companies. Now small companies and people remining. I stayed one week there. A lot of walking, digging a lot of junks and couldnt find even one piece of gold I felt that i just choose right way. Walking with my GMT on riverside, through the forest, and mountain was very exciting to me. Only one little downthing is I didnt pull out even one gold but a lot of junk. But i cant wait my next trip and already choose the field. Maybe i catch gold fever. xexe
My GMT seems like working nice. But sometimes my machine cant recognise rusted iron even on the surface. The iron Probability bar indicate very low, and I digg that target, but it was just rusted iron. Pull out target on surface, Machine still indicate same. (Iron probability bar indicate very low something like from 10% to 25%) Sometimes machine read some targets as iron. (Iron probability bar indicate very high something like from 80% to 100%) I dig target and pull out on surface it was also rusted iron. I am also using Audio iron ID.
Is it normal fro GMT ? or something wrong with my machine ?

BEST HUNTING

BASKA

ddmk6
06-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Hello Baska,

Really rusty iron seems to fool many of the detectors. I have had the same results with my GMT. The GPX 5000 likes deep rusty iron as well. Not much you can do but dig it up and put it in your trash collection. If you dig it you run the chance of missing a nugget. I dig everything even if I'm sure it's iron.

Glad you had a great time. Good luck on your next trip.

Kenny

Steve Herschbach
06-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Iron/steel items with holes like washers, nuts, or punch plate often id as non-ferrous on most detectors. Also very rusted sheet steel.

baska
06-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for reply. Yeah, rusted iron id as non - ferrous was washers or items with holes.

little man
06-28-2011, 01:32 PM
some time you got to just dig hope your next time you get GOLD good luck and good hunting