View Full Version : Looking For Places To Pan & Sluce & Dog Sitter

Jim Extreme Novice
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I am looking for areas to explore and pan in the Anchorage area. So far I have only been going to Crow Creek, finally after trips I found my first specks (in bluish clay). Yes I know and expect hard work to find anything, I just want more options.

Also I am going to Cripple Creek the last two weeks (23 Jul-7 Aug 11) of their season, I am also looking for someone to watch my two Shi Tzu dogs, both females and pad trained. Anyone know of nice kennels?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Steve Herschbach
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
http://www.akmining.com/mine/recsites.htm

TheSeeker
07-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi Jim, as far as a good kennel, Cooper's Wounded Bear Farms & Kennels at mile 4.5 K-Beach Road in Kasilof (20 minutes south of Soldotna) is a trusted one that I have used for many years. Kasey Cooper knows and loves dogs and she matches them up in small 'play groups' for several hour romps in the larged fenced yard each day,... It's kind of like a 'summer camp' for dogs! There are well-maintained, clean spaces for both indoor and outdoor dogs and she will feed them their usual food (& meds), if you suppy it. Arrangements, drop-off & pick-up are by appointment only 283-3218. Good luck with your gold hunting!