View Full Version : today hunt

little man
07-16-2011, 04:25 PM
got to some hunt today A/C was down so we just got out before it rain here we found a 1825 cap bust dime and some thing we don't know what it is a little bigger then a dime any help here good luck and good hunting

Reno Chris
07-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Nice one on the cap bust dime. Hard to say what the other is - perhaps some sort of token? Can you read anything on it?

Chris

little man
07-16-2011, 05:45 PM
no that what got me just same on both side look like it mite be a coin of some kind then it mite not the real hunt begain

Jim Hemmingway
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Little Man…here are a few links about cleaning and preserving coins and relics that will be helpful to you. The first link takes you to a location that deals with this subject.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,70.0.html

The next link is about cleaning large cents…

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,39135.msg275461.html#msg275461

The link below is about cleaning Indian Heads and looks at hot hydrogen peroxide solution…

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,394267.msg2810907.html#msg2810907

You will see a number of methods commonly used by coin preservers. Electrolysis is a common method for cleaning badly encrusted coins and artifacts…perhaps followed by some further preservation treatment…for example… rust preventative on iron artifacts.

These techniques are best used on coins that are such a mess as to be worthless in their current condition. Otherwise on general principles…be very judicious about cleaning coins you intend to market. Some experts recommend no cleaning on quality condition coins and artifacts, while others dispute that position. I suggest you read pertinent information on the subject prior to making any decision.

This subject warrants a comprehensive report on available techniques, the potential benefits and pitfalls associated with each method with respect to metal types. Perhaps a project for next winter...good luck and good hunting. :)

Jim.

little man
07-31-2011, 04:18 AM
THANK JIM we been doing some thing around here trying to get thing going for the fall hunting got some more house place line up three bottle dump to dig we sale them as fast as we can dig them good luck and good hunting

Jim Hemmingway
07-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Little Man...how do you sell your bottles? I find them when prospecting...many are prime examples dating from over a century ago. In fact I had so many boxes of stuff in the basement I gave some away to a few friends and finally put several boxes worth into the weekly recycling. I keep my favorites in a glass / cherrywood cabinet mounted on my den wall. So while I don't intend to sell bottles, I am quite curious to learn how you market them....

Jim.

little man
08-01-2011, 04:50 AM
we have a lot dealer around here one little town here market street about 25 store sell all antic's now so some like pop bottle and milk bottle the best and the one you the good cash for coke we had a little bottle place call gay-ola here and milk bottle place Norris creamery they do real good around here we use to sell a lot of hull and McCoy pottery still got boxs of it left here we got the one I like 100 years old or more and over 350 cookies jar we will sale one day