View Full Version : White's V3i for Nugget Detecting

Steve Herschbach
08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
The White's V3i is White's flagship detector, with more adjustments and bells and whistles than any detector on the market. It has a color display, can be outfitted with wireless headphones, and can run in three frequencies or any one of the three frequencies. One of those frequencies is 22 kHz, a hot gold frequency.

I would not normally recommend this as a prospecting detector as you are paying a premium for many features not needed for prospecting. However, while at Ganes Creek this spring I saw one being used by a very good detectorist, and it really performed. The guy using it told me tests against other detectors had revealed that the V3i had exceptional iron discrimination. And he routinely pulled up smaller nuggets. The bottom line is I would not want to hunt ground he already had hunted.

Now Ganes is low mineral ground and so not a very good indicator as to how detectors may do in the more common high mineral situations. But if you had a V3i and were going to Ganes the machine would do the job very well. It made me wish I would have had one myself at Ganes the results were so impressive. I had a V3i but sold it due to interference issues in Anchorage. But if I head to Ganes next summer I may have to consider getting one or at least do some testing to see if I can get an edge with one.

auminesweeper
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
I sure wish I knew which one was the most sensitive and which one handles the higher mineralization
out of the MXTs and the V3i, I know the MXT can handle the most of what Australia can through at it,
And also the MXT can find tiny Gold not quite like the GMT or the GB II,
I have read so surprizing reports from Australia On the MXTs under the worst conditions

John

Steve Herschbach
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
The MXT is the safe proven bet.