View Full Version : Detector for the little lady

camper
08-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I bought a Garrett Scorpion gold and have been learning to use it. Found some coins and just about got all the nails and trash out of my front yard. But I have run into a problem. Seems my little lady wants a detector now, and she wants a digital one because she says mine looks to hard to learn. So I told her I would check into finding one for her in order to keep out of the dog house.

I decided that I didn't want to get anything big cause it might just be a fade she is going through. My thought is a Garrett ACE 350. But I am open for any expert suggestion on any others I should consider for a woman with little patience when learning the functions.

jpiii
08-25-2011, 09:22 AM
From one married guy to another, there might be two ways to go about this Camper:

You could get the Ace 150, which is inexpensive and seems to work well for coins. Or... if you're sure its a fad, you could get the X-Terra 705 which will be yours to use as you please soon enough. Think of it like buying your wife a new 16 lb bowling ball or hunting rifle in .338 Mag...

If you end up sleeping in the garage, I never wrote this...

Barney II
08-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi camper, I would suggest you get a regular Gold Bug or a Gold Bug Pro. No, not the Gold Bug 2. The two mentioned a great for gold and just as good for elics and coins. They both run at 19 khz so it gives good sensitivity . If the weight is a factor then either one of these will be really great. Be sure to try it at Steve's place.

This is the old Barney 11 as I hab mega problems with my computer some time back and ended up getting a new one.

camper
08-27-2011, 02:47 AM
jpii I like the way your thinking on the X-Terra 705. With money a little tight right now though I am thinking of a cheap one like the Ace's. I think I could get the bowling ball, but the little lady loves hunting so I wouldn't be able to touch the .338 Mag.

goldmann
08-28-2011, 11:58 AM
A digital machine that is not too expensive. Then I think the best ones are the Fisher Gold Bug Pro=Technetics G2(I think these two are basically the same machines), Minelab 305-505-705, Whites MXT Pro, or Garrett AT Pro-Ace 350.

The ones underlined can be used for gold prospecting also.

This may help you as well:
http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/13-Latest-Nugget-Detector-Recommendations-for-Alaska