View Full Version : Fairbanks Area ATV Access

shaftsinkerawc
10-29-2011, 06:39 AM
For those interested in not loosing more access to Existing Trails and Public Lands there will be a Public Hearing at the Noel Wien Library on Wed. Nov. 9th at 6pm. Regarding land and trails on Borough Land Beside Chena Hot Springs Resort. The land under review has several trails on it that access thousands of acres of otherwise inaccessible land. The Borough has already issued a "temp" - 2 year exclusive use License to the Hot Springs on a pre-existing trail that they gated off this summer. More info can be found at the FNSB site under the Chena Hot Springs Block Master Plan or from Tara Bellion at (907) 374-0303 x15 or e-mail tara.bellion@urs.com

Feel free to contact myself as well at shaftsinkerawc@gmail.com and I'll make time to show you some of the accumulated 4" of paperwork I've accumulated.

shaftsinkerawc
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Public Input Meeting coming up. If you are concerned about the Fairbanks Area Trails and use of them you may want to attend this. It also affects hunters & fisherman as well as recreationists and miners and ATV'ers. If anyone has any information or interest in the Monument Creek drainage let me hear from you. Especially if you have any documentation about use or mining before 1908. I came across prospecting several miles up Monument Creek in 1902 but haven't been able to relocate the material. Below is the meeting info. Happy New Year & Stay Warm and Safe. awc

Greetings!
Fairbanks North Star Borough Land Management Department invites adjacent landowners, stakeholders, and the general public to a second meeting to discuss the Chena Hot Springs Block Master Plan.

At this meeting, there will be a presentation of alternative development concepts created from public comments responding to this question: What activities should take place on these tracts in the future and where?

To learn more about this project, please contact Tara Bellion at (907) 374-0303 x15 or email tara.bellion@urs.com

Additional information is located at the project website: http://www.co.fairbanks.ak.us/landmanagement/CHSBP/default.html

Chena Hot Springs Block Master Plan - Alternatives Suitability Public Meeting

When: Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm

Where: Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center, 101 Dunkel Street

shaftsinkerawc
02-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Public comments due by 5pm Tomorrow w/FNSB (Friday 2/10) Also the Borough is meeting with trails committee on the 14th of Feb. so get ready for more changes???

shaftsinkerawc
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Anyone that is following this, the press release makes it sound like we get ATV access but in reality we lose existing trails reclassified to Non-motorized. The ATV access is not to any existing trail system.