View Full Version : Pulsemate coil question

Catdaddy
11-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Inquiring if anyone has had any experience with Pulsemate (PM) coils. I am looking for an additional coil for my TDI PRO, and Pulsemate has one that I am interested in. I emailed the company, but have not heard back from them as of yet. Are there any U.S. contacts for them? Thanks for any advice,
Lyle

goldmann
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Try Razorback coils, they are the best coils for TDI machines, IMO.

Steve Herschbach
11-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Never used a Pulsemate coil or know anyone who has. I'd second the vote for Razorback - they have quite the coil selection.

Catdaddy
11-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the advice. Great to have access to experienced and knowlegable guys like you two when questions pop up.

pulsematecoils
11-18-2011, 02:50 AM
Hi Catdaddy,we havent recieved email message from you at present,try pmcoils@hotmail.co.uk for any info as towards our range of coils to suit your TDI Pro or other. We are able to build specialty ,quality performance coils as one off or many to your needs,at most less than commercial prices,an delivered to your door via USpriority Air postage in most cases. else contact me via these forums an I try to help.
I use a Whites TDI Pro Oz series myself for Gold prospecting here in Australia with success.
regards Rick

kiwijw
11-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi there, I bought a Pulsemate coil through Australian Ebay (I live in New Zealand)

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/kiwijw/pulsematecoil.jpg

I was down in the south island a few weeks ago for a gold detect. I took the pulsemate with me to use on my GP 3000. It was brand new & had never been used before. I had 3 lower shafts with me. The original minelab one, a coiltek one & an otto one. The day came when I went to fit the coil to use it, & it wouldnt fit on any of the shafts. The lugs were far to tight. Wouldnt even start to go on. Took the side rubbers off the lower shafts & it still wouldnt fit. What is up with that?? So as yet it is still un tried & will probably remain so with a 4" nail through it pinned to my wall. Na just kidding about the 4" nail but I was pissed off.
I will do a seperate post on the detecting results so I dont highjack this thread

Happy hunting

JW :)

pulsematecoils
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi JW,the pulsemate coil you have is from first gen.range using the widely used Bill Hays USA styled shells,as used by the likes of Jimmy Sierra USA and many others ,having the narrower Stem ears spacing. these idealy suit stems/poles for Whites,Tesoro and others. If you use a Minelabs PI they will be too narrow to fit. Many coils shipped and distributed to overseas were supplied with a slip in lower stem insert to suit minelabs etc. with a nylon bolt supplied.You evidently did not recieve one.If you wish to recieve one please please let me know and I can ship one to you in NZ. just pass on your details to me.Else I may suggest try a Whites lower stem/pole and it will fit no problems.
A new manufacture facility is set up now for inhouse production of new coil shells with wider stem ears to suit Minelabs PI in particular,and the Bill Hays USA coil shells will be discontinued from use from the future.
Regards Rick

kiwijw
11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi guys, Well true to his word. I contacted Rick & today received in the mail the lower stem insert for my minelab lower shaft so it will take this pulsemate coil. Many thanks Rick :) My only problem now is that I have left my detector down south & wont be reunited with it until the new year. I will make a point of letting you all know how it compares with the other after market coils that I have for my GP 3000.
Until then, I wish you all a very merry Xmas & a prosperious new year.

Regards

JW :)

ivanll
03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm using a Pulsemate coil, works fine on the beach as well hot WA ground at full bore and 10Ásec.
Had a 6ft coil wire fitted from the maker to facilitate chest mounting.
Pulsemate can be hard to contact but so is Jimmy Sierra and AMDS.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z198/ivanll/PulsemateCoil_800.jpg

ivanll

Steve Herschbach
03-07-2012, 05:17 AM
AMDS is not hard to contact. You can call, email, or post here or on Facebook. http://www.akmining.com/contact.htm