View Full Version : detectorprospector.com goes live!

Steve Herschbach
11-26-2011, 07:57 PM
There is a long story behind this but for now all I need to say is I have the bare basics done - only a week late! I bit off a bit more than I could chew.

Check it out at http://www.detectorprospector.com

rogmey
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Steve:

Wow, what a nice thing to do! I really appeciate what you are doing on this site and I'll bet a whole lot of other people will too. Thank you very much, but it doesn't surprise me, because it is just another great example of your long standing service to the hobbies of detecting and propecting.

Steve Herschbach
11-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Well, I do hope to eventually make a buck on the site via Google ads plus using it to sell books I write and sell gold. If I can make a side income and people get good information it is a win-win. Thanks for the thanks though!

AU197
11-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Good luck with the new site:) I know it's a lot of work because I have about 14 domains and ten sites with google ads.

Seb1008
11-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Good luck with the new sight Steve and I hope it really takes off for you. You deserve it for all of your hard work and generosity in sharing your knowledge.
One glitch I noticed is that I left a reply on your blog and when I tried to use my back button I was trapped on the page and could not get back to your Detector prospector page so I had to kill the page and come back here.
It may have been something I did, but in case there is a glitch on the page I wanted to let you know. Seb

Steve Herschbach
11-27-2011, 06:36 AM
The back arrow is working for me. What browser are you using?

There is a link back in the menu bar the detectorprospector.com. Wordpress does kind of trap you and it is something I need to work on.

There are supposed to be menu links on the left hand side also, but on small screens, like my iPad, they get forced to the bottom. I need to dig into the Wordpress CSS and reduce the overall page width of the blog. Looks good on my big screen though!

Reno Chris
11-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Looks great Steve - I am sure it will work out very well for you.

unreel
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
nice site steve will be . looking for all the new info. john

Steve Herschbach
11-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Not a lot of totally new stuff there yet. Just updated old material plus some stuff from here and there people may have not seen before. There is a couple new items on Steve's Mining Journal.