View Full Version : I want the best of both WORLDS''......"HELP"

Goldinmyear
12-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Im looking for a Gold Detector that out performs all others...
The coils must be waterproof.
The coils must be submursible.
3 or more continiuos Frequencies.
with LCD,and computer programming.
,and download options to android,and or computer.
Besides the GMT, what else is there????
Have you got any Ideas STEVE ??

Steve Herschbach
12-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Well let's see. Minelab GPX 5000. PI detector so shotgun frequencies. Waterproof aftermarket coils like the Coiltek Platypus. LCD readout and multiple program (timing) settings.

The only unit with download options to a PC is the Minelab E-Trac but that is not generally regarded as a nugget detector.

Goldinmyear
12-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Well that pretty much summs it up. Steve...do you know of any one giving a MineLab 5000 away??
Or any contests ,and or raffles happening in the Imediate area??
If you hear of any....Please post them right away. Because I would "KILL" to have one. Thanx for your input. HH. Tor

Goldinmyear
12-27-2011, 10:52 PM
1 more question...Is MineLab comming out with another Detector this year?...(Next Year)
,or just more upgrades on the GPX 5000?
I heard a rumor about a Detector the (minelab 5500) That will detect Diamonds?
any truth to that?....Please calm my nearves...HH.

Reno Chris
12-28-2011, 08:50 AM
do you know of any one giving a MineLab 5000 away??

Why bother with asking for the detector? Why not just ask someone to give you gold for free - it skips the hard work step of having to go out and put in the effort to find the dang stuff, and the gold is the end goal anyway. If you find someone giving away large amounts of gold for free, send me a PM so I can get in on it.

Detectors dont find diamonds unless they are mounted in metal rings or other metal jewelry (and then the detector sees the metal). The only exception may be some blue diamonds like the Hope diamond - these blue diamonds colored by boron are electrically conductive and possibly could be seen by a detector, but they represent a very tiny percent of all diamonds. In general, detectors cant see diamonds as they are non-conductive. Detectors can see graphite (also made of carbon) because graphite is conductive.

ML is very secretive about its new detectors, though they are always working on the up and coming ones. I'd be willing to bet that they wont come out with a new one this year as only a few days are left in 2011. In 2012? who knows. They dont announce new models in advance even to their dealers.

Steve Herschbach
12-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Minelab has released new SD/GP/GPX models about every two years. Every new release is not a "new" detector just an improvement on what came before. So we may see a new model by late fall... or not. But if we do I can pretty much promise you it will not be an earth shattering breakthrough. Just a small improvement on what we already have.