View Full Version : Thoughts, comments, applications of using the Falcon probe ?

Mikthestik
01-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I recently looked at a Falcon detecting probe down at AMDS. I can see where this unit would be very useful and portable. How good does it work ? Sounds like its really sensitive. It seems like I could put the unit in my bag and have the probe out poking around in the rocks while out exploring. Checking your concentrates and tailing piles ? Do they make an extension for the probe ? It seems like another item to put on my list of cool stuff to get. Just curious. :cool:

Jim Hemmingway
01-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Mikthestik...have a look at the link below, Rob demonstrates using the Falcon to good advantage...Jim.

http://prospectingchannel.com/process-gold-concentrate.html

highbanker58
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Mikthestik- I've been using the falcon for 3 years.I wouldn't go out without it. It has helped me eliminate a lot of hot rocks that sounded like gold.Be sure to get the carry case ,it offers a lot of cheap protection and be careful not to bend the flex cable anymore than you have to. Dave

Steve Herschbach
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
We normally stock both a holster and an extension handle for the Falcon. I use it for locating specks of gold in quartz. The unit is extremely sensitive but only scans an area about an inch wide and the depth on small gold is only an inch or two. It really is not for general detecting so much as checking specific targets. Be a good little crevice tool.

Mikthestik
02-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Thank You for the comments, I like what I hear. Looks like a great tool for the quiver !