View Full Version : Blitz Coil For TDI Pro??

mxt sniper
02-02-2012, 06:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tested a Blitz 14x9 mono coil on the TDI Pro, if so how well did it work for general all around use?? I will be detecting in the Sierras of Calif.

Steve Herschbach
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
I would be surprised is many TDI owners have have sprung for a coil that costs twice what a TDI coil costs. There is more chance of a performance loss when using a Minelab specific coil on a TDI than not. Many of the Minelab coils I tried on the TDI would overload at short delay settings.

mxt sniper
02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Steve thanks for that info, reason why I asked was, I was on a oz forum where someone was using the blitz coil on a TDI and said his results were very good. I could see where mixing brands might have adverse effects in some cases. I am tossing around the idea of buying a TDI this spring to go with the VLF's I use already. What coil would you recommend for all around use on the TDI, while not loosing smaller gold to say 5-6 grain size. I know the TDI is not the best on tiny grain size nuggets.

Steve Herschbach
02-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I think for most people he stock 12" dual coil is generally the best choice overall. But if you were sure the gold was going to be a gram or less I would lean towards the 7.5" dual coil.

Catdaddy
03-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Just recently bought a very good used NF goldstalker 9x14 mono, at a reasonable price, to use on my TDI Pro. Have only used the stock dual field in the past. My impression after a couple hours of use here in central Arizona is that the NF is MUCH easier to get and hold a smooth threshold with than the stock coil. I did not have the stock coil with me in order to do a side by side comparison test, but my impression is even though it was quieter, there was no loss of depth with the NF, and targets sounded off as I would expect them to had I been using the stock coil. One difference encountered was the NF would not signal at all when the threshold was adjusted to be silent, and the dual field has in the past. I sometimes prefer to run w/o the hum. Had to leave in a hurry, so possibly needed to make an adjustment or two. For another day. I would suggest only buying from a trusted source.

Lyle

Steve Herschbach
03-02-2012, 03:32 AM
A straight up mono is likely to be quieter than a dual field in bad ground, which is why sell the TDI with a basic mono as stock in Australia.

goldmann
03-12-2012, 08:25 AM
I heard that the Razorback coils are the best coils for the TDI.