View Full Version : 4WD vehicles for rent in Alaska

diogenesusa
03-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Greetings!

I'm new to the forum, and I have a question. I'm planning a recreational prospecting trip up to Alaska later this year. I have been trying to identify a vehicle rental agency that will allow me to use a vehicle off the paved roads. I understand that insurance is an issue. I think my AARP personal policy will cover it. Of course RVs are out of the question, but a large 4WD pick-up truck, pulling a small trailer, is what I'm thinking about.
Any recommendations are appreciated.

Silverado6x6
03-02-2012, 12:09 AM
It depends on what you expect the off the road conditions are like in Alaska. Frankly we don't have much in the way of rental agencies outside of Fairbanks or Anchorage. Myself I live near Wasilla, they have a place that rents used vehicles but its just a small place, what with all they TV hype shows Alaska is getting a modern day gold rush, I can honestly say this, travel trailers and older 4WD trucks are getting scarce around here. However there are a lot of RV rentals up here and for the money is your best bet, all you need then is to get a quad runner like a Honda Foreman and a trailer, plenty of off the side of the road spots to day camp with an RV.

Nick Olzenak
03-02-2012, 08:33 AM
One of our good clients is Alaska Toy Rental in Wasilla. They tend to have the traditional as well as oddball and unique rental opportunities and if they do not have what you looking for will know where to look!

Good luck on your travels!