View Full Version : Which detector(s)?

hogfamily
03-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before; our family is thinking of getting into metal detecting. I am looking at the Gold Bug 2. I welcome other recommendations

In addition I am wondering what would be a good detector for our four boys to share, (they are eight through 14), would like something easy for them to use that they will not out grow too soon.

If this has been discussed before please send me in the right direction.

Thanks

DavidRamey
03-17-2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/13-Latest-Nugget-Detector-Recommendations-for-Alaska

minerjoe01
03-18-2012, 12:38 PM
If i could point you, it would be to the gold bug pro or fisher f75. I bought my son a f75(teknetics T2) and he does very well with it. Six nuggets so far! It also is great for hunting coins and such around town when we cant get out into the back country. One of the better features is auto ground balancing, and a LCD screen to tell you what is under the coil before you dig!

dene97
03-23-2012, 07:07 AM
If you are looking at the Gold Bug 2, we are to assume that you will primarily be hunting for gold? If all you are doing is looking for gold, that is probably the machine for you. Fisher basically set the standard for gold machines. If you want a more versatile machine, I would keep looking.

hogfamily
03-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all your recommendations!