View Full Version : New machine for trapline

chickenminer
03-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey guys...
I need to get a new machine for trapping next winter. The 'ol -96 Tundra is flat wore out!
Does Skidoo even make a single cylinder machine anymore? Looking at the new models they all seem to be 500 twins or larger. I'm wanting something simple and as lightweight as possible.
I've got older Skandics (20+ years), a 500 and 380. These are just too big and heavy for what I want in a trapline machine. Are the newer Skandics better ?

Tnx for any input.

hogfamily
03-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Yamaha Bravo long track. I know a lot of people that have them in the Yukon Delta and they love them.

chickenminer
03-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the input !
I'm familiar with the Bravo, but not a big fan. My experience is they just do not
hold up well.
At this time though there isn't a big choice of simple, single cylinder machines.

Nick Olzenak
03-19-2012, 10:20 AM
This is a topic that is regularly discussed here at AMDS... Where is the single cylinder 350# Tundra??? There are numerous reasons and long emails full of excuses to why we no longer have the sled that every rural Alaska sledder fantasizes about. Mostly one can speculate that the market for that type of sled had faded away for a time, maybe its gone and only lives on here and in the Yukon? If so is that not a big enough reason to manufacture this type of model?
For the time being Ski-Doo still has the Tundra base model and is the smallest of the line-up. With that said it still has the reliable 550 fan engine and is the lightest utility sled in the Ski-Doo line-up. Many a customer have upgraded to the twin cylinder Tundra and have been satisfied with really nothing else on the market that competes.