View Full Version : PenAir Cancellations!

GaryC/SanBdno
04-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Giving a big headsup to those of you who are doing Ganes Creek this year and have now or will be using PenAir to travel from Anchorage to McGrath, Alaska.

They are no longer flying in or out of McGrath on Saturday and Sunday, which will put a giant wrench in the whole travel plan. I have confirmed this with Doug Clark and another friend who had reservations and they were cancelled without sending him a notice.

I would advise you to contact Doug Clark, as I did and get the latest info, which is slim at this point.

Will see you all there in Ganes, one way or the other.

If you have different info, than this, I would love to hear it. GaryC/SanBdno

GaryC/SanBdno
04-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Doug Clark has now fixed the PenAir cancellations. They will continue on Sat/Sun, as before. Give them a couple of days before you book. GaryC/SanBdno.

Steve in Idaho
04-16-2012, 07:16 PM
I sure hope that this is resolved. I have paid reservations through Alaska Airlines for Pen Air trip from Anchorage to Mc Grath and return. I have not been notified by Alaska Airlines about any cancellations.

GaryC/SanBdno
04-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Steve, If you go to the Ganes Creek website, you will see an update from Doug Clark. Not to worry, flights have resumed for your trip. I would contact PenAir, next week to verify your ticket. All looks good at this point! GaryC/SanBdno.

Steve Herschbach
04-17-2012, 05:49 AM
http://www.clark-wiltz.com/

Steve in Idaho
04-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Pen Air pulls this crap every year. I started to do my booking through Alaska Air from where I live to McGrath in one payment. I fly Alaska Air straight through to McGrath. Alaska Air makes the connection with Pen Air for me. I can get my reservations early.

highbanker58
05-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Steve - Which week are you there this year? Dave

Steve Herschbach
05-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Second and third week.