View Full Version : New Minelab Detector.

Minermike
05-04-2012, 11:39 PM
The new detector is called CTX 3030. It is for under water, coins and relics.

Steve Herschbach
05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.akmining.com/images/minelab_ctx-3030.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjyk--Ggf7g

more information at http://www.akmining.com/mine/minelab_ctx_3030_metal_detector.htm

Jim Hemmingway
05-07-2012, 07:58 PM
New releases create a lot of excitement in the metal detecting community. There's been a tremendous amount of speculation and chatter on various forums about this unit. Seems some folks are anticipating a hybrid induction balance / pulse induction combo... but who knows...

I'm looking forward to learning about this fancy new unit and how it can be used. Never have owned a Minelab... but this one could be interesting. We'll know more in a few days I reckon...

Jim.

tvanwho
05-16-2012, 06:34 PM
They have a little info over at Findmall.com, a new forum for CTX3030. Doc, from the Gold Prospecting forum over there, has some tidbits for us. Supposed release date is May 28 now. Sounds like another wallet busting super detector at hand?

-Tom V.

Steve Herschbach
05-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Sounds like a great general purpose detector. I hate to over-simplify, but we are talking waterproof E-TRAC with a color display and built-in GPS. And like the E-TRAC a fantastic machine, but if you had to pick one area where it is not likely to be seen often that will be out prospecting. They are in no way in the GPX 5000 class.

Adrian SS
06-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Not much known about this detector here in Aussie except that it seems to be difficult to get hold of one and that it appears to be a flashier E.Track.

Adrian SS

tvanwho
06-07-2012, 07:12 PM
OUCH<

So says my wallet. $2400 for this new waterproof Minelab vs around $ 600 for a waterproof Garrett AT Pro.. Hmm, I can buy the Garrett and have $1800 left to buy a 2.5 inch gold dredge.....

-Tom V

Minermike
06-16-2012, 08:19 PM
You always have to decide which is the best, and say damn the cost. I tried other cheaper Minelab detectors, the balance did not feel good. The amount of control was not good. So , I bought a Minelab Explorer about 10 years ago, damn the cost ! It has had 2/3 repairs/ service in that time and has more than paid for itself.... The returns always depend on the time you spend using it.

Minermike
06-17-2012, 11:24 PM
When I re tire in Sept. 2012, at 68 years, I intend to treat myself to a new E-Trak. That should last me out. Always keep your eyes open, picked up a nice Calvin Klein ring in the car park this week.

Steve Herschbach
08-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, sold my E-Trac, got a new CTX 3030 today. Enough other people are doing the same to convince me to make the leap. The improved balance and being waterproof are enough of a reason for me so any detecting improvements will almost be a bonus.

I am not getting it for prospecting. It is mostly for my jewelry detecting but may have to go look for a silver coin or two since that is the units claim to fame.