View Full Version : weather in chicken

rdd52
05-20-2012, 04:15 PM
how is the weather in chicken?is there still snow.I'm looking forward to coming up there in June.my plane gets into anchorage the 18th I;m hoping the bugs aren't to friendly then.i will load up on bug dope just encase.

4theluvofgold
05-20-2012, 10:17 PM
You should become of fan of Chicken Gold Camps FB page. Get updates on the snow and the stuff like that. But had a blast of snow about 2 weeks ago which was more then they had prior with the earlier breakup then normal. From my updates from a small weater spot in Eagle north of Chicken weather looks to be nice and fair. Bugs are friendly. I find if I limit my sugar intake (which is good for me anyway) I get less attention then the others around.

chickenminer
05-21-2012, 09:49 AM
First part of May was wet and cold! Has been very nice lately though. Drying up with the river and creeks going down.
All the snow is gone down in the valleys, still quite a bit in the high country.
Temps yesterday were high of 61, low was 38.
Yes, mosquitos are out already and they are waiting for YOU !

rdd52
05-22-2012, 05:39 PM
maybe they will fill up with the other people up there already and wont bother me.i will bring a lot of spray just encase or do you think i will a shot gun with buck shot i here they are big in Alaska.