View Full Version : Ganes Creek week 4

highbanker58
07-01-2012, 08:10 PM
New group got here today. Went out on the afternoon push to 7 oz hill.Only 2 small 1/4 oz nuggets and lots of trash.Weather has been typical Ganes Creek,:cool: sunny then rainy all day long. Tomorrow we go to the walking pushes. More results tomorrow if the internet is up, it's satellite based so the big dark clouds block its view. Dave

Steve Herschbach
07-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the report Dave! Be nice to know what is going on now that I have left.

highbanker58
07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
After our first full day of detecting the nugget count is up to 15. Largest being 1/3 oz and a bunch of smaller ones.The walk to push that gave up the large nuggets last week yielded no nuggets. The push was a really deep cut. On and off sun / rain.Tomorrow we are headed for the cobbles down by the machine shop. Some of the new people are feeling sore muscles they aren't used to using.Dave

aupangary
07-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Nothing like a big nugget to rejuvinate those sore muscles.
Good luck to all of you, and hope everyone gets a big one.
Thanks for keeping us updated. Gary

highbanker58
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM
The cobbles proved a good choice, a first timer got a 1.8 oz solid nugget. Plus a couple .02 oz nuggets from the second push.Headed out after dinner to see if we can get a couple more.Sending photo to Steve to get on forum.Dave

highbanker58
07-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Happy 4 th of July from Ganes Creek. We went up creek today,on the morning push Lee got a 1.56 solid hunk that looked like a dog bone. He dug it out of the road at Spalding creek.There were several 1/4 to 1/2 oz nuggets taken in the afternoon . I have been having fun with my GMT between the pushes pulling small gold nuggets out of cracks in the shale, 23 nuggets weighed in at .06 oz. We had a nice sunny day with a couple rain showers.Only 2 days left,but having a ball.Dave

Steve Herschbach
07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Here is picture courtesy of Dave - thanks Dave, and good luck today and tomorrow!

highbanker58
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks Steve but unfortunately I wasn't blessed with a large one today. We went up the creek this morning to the area Tom found the 10.6 oz nugget. There were 4 nuggets 1/4 oz or less. After lunch we went to Spalding, we had driving rain and one of the guys that hadn't gotten a nugget got a nice specimen under 1/2 oz.and 3 other guys got 1/4 oz nuggets.I went out at noon today and picked up 5 little nuggets weighing .04 or less, up on the bench above camp.We need all the nuggets we can get to fill up the tally board, it's looking a little weak. The total so far for the week is 6+ oz. Dave

aupangary
07-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Highbanker, your updates all week have been 24kt.
Thanks and good luck to all today. Gary

highbanker58
07-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Last Report from week 4. Had a great week, the numbers were a little low, but that happens once in a while.The weeks totals were 41 nuggets weighing in at 7.9 oz. My personal total for the 2 weeks was 47 nuggets, 2.61 oz.Thanks again to Doug and the crew for allowing us to share his piece of the the good life.I spent 2 weeks with a great bunch of guys that worked well together and were a pleasure to detect with.With any luck the mine won't sell and we can do this again. See you next year. Dave

aupangary
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Highbanker, do you know if there was anyone
staying over from week 4 that might be sending
any updates out during week 5 ? Gary

highbanker58
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
The only one staying was a big guy named Dennis.I don't know if he will do any reports, we'll have to wait for Doug/Danny to report.Hope they have a great week,the weather looks like my first week,WET. Dave

TheSeeker
07-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Gene is back out there for this final week also, but I don't think he does much computer-wise,... Too busy looking for a big nugget!