View Full Version : My Ganes Nuggets for Weeks 2 & 3

Steve Herschbach
07-05-2012, 03:06 PM
The information that used to reside here has been updated and moved to a permanent location at Last Visit to Ganes Creek Pay-To-Mine Operation (http://www.detectorprospector.com/steves-mining-journal/last-visit-ganes-creek-pay-to-mine.html)

Randy H
07-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Nice job Steve. What were you using for your good finds? Unit and coil choice?

Brian Berkhahn
07-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Good Job Steve!! Nice looking stuff.

Steve Herschbach
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Most of the gold was found with a Fisher F75 Special Edition, three were found with my Minelab GPX 5000 and eight with the Gold Bug Pro.

Jim Hemmingway
08-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Hello Steve... these nuggets are beautiful. Did you use the boost process in all-metal mode a good deal of the time? I see you also used the Gold Bug Pro... did it impress you favorably for use at Ganes Creek compared to the F75 Special Edition?

Jim.

Dreamer
08-07-2012, 04:17 AM
WTG Steve!

Were any of the finds deep?

Dreamer

Steve Herschbach
08-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi Jim,

I used Boost All Metal most of the time, and single tone DE set at 14 for cherry picking. The Gold Bug Pro offered no edge over the F75 on large nuggets that I could see and I prefer the F75 length and balance and large target id numbers while in all metal.

Dreamer, depth is relative. Many of the nuggets were as deep as I could detect them. Most were not.

Jim Hemmingway
08-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks Steve… I’ve been casually looking for user information about the boost process in all-metal mode without much luck. The few forum discussions I’ve seen refer to the discriminate boost process and tend to come from the relic hunters in the southeast states. Other than NASA Tom I’ve seen nothing substantive about the boost process in the all-metal mode.

Tom’s soil is rather inert with respect to ground minerals and I don’t believe he’s active in electronic prospecting in areas where ground minerals would exert more influence. Results over his ground indicate that the boost process improves audio resolution over fringe depth coin-size targets… and noticeably improves the depth on small low conductives. In fact he emphasized the ‘boost process’ improvement was even more pronounced when comparing the 5” DD on the F75 SE to the standard F75.

It’s not at all important with regard to my silver hunting application… more a curiosity. For the present I think I’ll stick with my current units… learn how to use them more effectively and make a concerted effort to be more resourceful as to where they're used. Thanks again for your input regarding both the F75 SE and the Gold Bug Pro.

Jim.

Dreamer
08-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Hey Steve,

I see a tiny lever hanging down in front of the electronics box in the pictures. What's that for?

Thank's!

Dreamer

Reno Chris
08-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Dreamer -

What picture are you speaking of? The only pic in this thread is one of gold nuggets.

Chris

Dreamer
08-13-2012, 10:41 AM
lol Chris! I must be dreaming...haha!!

I should have said the F75 Special Edition pictures I see on the net. Is that the boost?

Dreamer