View Full Version : New Guy Intro...

DJDoc
07-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Doc from south Florida, originally NJ.

Trying to get up to Alaska next year to visit and hopefully metal detect, and I would like to learn as MUCH as I possibly can from all you seasoned Vets.

Looks like this is the right place for me.

Please be patient with me and forgive my New Guy questions..

We all have to start somewhere right???

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to speaking with you all!!

-Doc

TheSeeker
07-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Welcome Doc,
Be sure and spend some time reading the old posts,.. There is a wealth of metal detecting information, then 'ask away.' Check out www.clark-wiltz.com website (Ganes Creek) and read all of the pages for lots of good information,... For a real chance at finding a large nugget here in Alaska, this is the best bet,.. Access to good spots for metal detecting for nuggets is difficult (and expensive to do on your own off of the road system) unless you know someone with a good claim in an area that produces coarse gold. What detector do you have? Walter

DJDoc
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome Seeker..

No detectors of yet.. About to buy a White's Dual Field PI in a few weeks for the beach to look for "Other" gold... ;)

Should have a Fisher and a Minelab by Valentines Day

DJDoc
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Been dying to get up to Alaska to see the land. I absolutely LOVE the cold and just wanna experience such a beautiful part of America that most people take for granted.

:)

AlleninAlaska
07-27-2012, 03:14 PM
I think you should go too the AKmining main store and buy the book "A Gold Miners Guide to Easy Pickinn in Ak". It will show you places to go on the road system up here.