View Full Version : Goldspear?

james a.
07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Anybody heard of the goldspear?I am curious on how that one may work to probe the water ways an banks.
Quiet expensive an from sweden.I have no expieriance on that one.But heard they go off when it touches a 300 mesh size piece of gold.
That was on Dave Mcrackens video,basics on finding gold.
Hard to find,but I would like to try where I am at.

Adrian SS
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
I have three gold Spears, and yes they work just fine.

The spear originated way back in the 80s or earlier and I do not know if it is still in production. A lot of people thought it was a gimmick but I assure you that it is a nifty item that works as advertised.

The probe tip needs to touch gold in order to signal on it. The spear has difficulty in rocky ground due to the fact that it is not easy to get it down into the ground unless you drill a hole with an auger first.
The spear will Indicate black sand by a green LED and a chatering sig tone.
There are three other LEDs for differing conductivity metals.
I find this detector to be very good for finding traces of gold in river banks and streams and eliminates the need pan a lot of test samples and will help you decide if the area might be worth sluising.
The detector will respond to almost microscopic gold. The probe tip is tungsten and almost indestructable. the probe shaft can be extended with add on sections to whatever length you want.
The box is not water proof.
As with all metal detectors the discrimination is not infallable and can at times give a gold indication on bits of aluminium and steel but I have found that when used in the areas where it was designed to be used the spear is a very handy gadget that has located some very good deposites of fine gold for me.

james a.
07-27-2012, 11:23 AM
You Have Three!I Want One!
Just kidding.The shipping would probly cost more then the spear itself from australia to here in AK.
That is some good info though.Thank you!