View Full Version : Information about the new claims fees.

Dreamer
08-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Here's a nice, easy to read, printable PDF file, with a nice flow chart, regarding the new fees for mining claims.

http://www.minerdiggins.com/Ripple/rc/read/tuts/2012MinersFilings.pdf

shaftsinkerawc
08-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Anyone care to elaborate on this? I don't feel comfortable trying to download.

Dreamer
08-04-2012, 02:03 AM
The link is legit or I wouldn't have posted it here on Steves message board. The info contained in the PDF file just makes it easier to understand the new fees and the flow chart makes it a whole lot easier to understand what you have to do to keep your claim.

Dreamer

polardds
08-04-2012, 09:39 AM
I downloaded the PDF. Not to hijack the thread but I have a question for those more knowledgeable than me. As long as I have less then ten Federal placer claims I can get the fee waiver. Can I get my spouse to have up to an additional nine claims too and keep those in her name? (My claims are in my name only)

chickenminer
08-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Can I get my spouse to have up to an additional nine claims too and keep those in her name? (My claims are in my name only)

The answer is no. Immediate family is all considered one.

From Part 3830 regs. "Small miner means a claimant who, along with all related parties, holds no more than 10 mining claims or sites on Federal lands on the date annual maintenance fees are due, and meets the additional requirements of part 3835 of this chapter."

Every federal claim holder with more than 10 claims asked that question!

Best check with BLM to find out how far out on the family limb
you have to go to be legal.