View Full Version : chicken gold

rdd52
08-08-2012, 10:26 AM
well i made it to Alaska i was there in June i was in chicken 6/19 6/21 i did find some gold at the sleuth box not enough to retire or pay my expense's but i did have a good time and meet some real nice people.all said and done i think i did better then the Hoffman's.for my first time.i attached a picture of the gold i found.i would like to thank the people at chicken gold camp again.have a great season.

Grizzlyadams156
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Nice picker! It's all about the experience!

AK Nugget
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
We were up to Chicken 3 weeks ago for a long weekend. First time in that area, stayed at the Chicken Gold Camp and spent 2 days highbanking at their claims. Did better the second day than the first, not much gold but a fun time. It takes a visit or two to get the lay of the land, figure on the first day for prospecting/panning, looking for a "Honey Hole" to plunder. The day we left Mike had the Excavator scrapping away overburden and changing the creek flow to get at some new ground.

I'm planing another visit before the season ends. Mike, Lou and the crew run a nice operation. If you go and have a ATV take it, as the claims are a mile or so from the camp, or you can take the "Clunkin Taxi" for a small fee. Sleeping can be a little tuff at times as the only Bar in Chicken, the Chicken Saloon, shoots a Howitzer off whenever someone buy a round or whenever they feel like it. :D
The Skeeters were not bad at all, especially at the creek.

Neal

carter
08-08-2012, 12:59 PM
bet that piece got you goin for awhile!!

Sluicerjack
08-12-2012, 05:18 PM
great place to visit with alot old relics from the past. beautiful drive as well, lots of picturesque scenery.