Thread in Construction/need editing;

Test Pit 1 recovered gold

Bobby Spiser measuring demensions of dredge pit 2
12 foot dredge hose x 12 foot jam bar x aprox. 9 feet deth of concave hole
Esitmated reach pay gravel at 7 feet
Did not reach bedrock

Gold from Pit 2,
Increase in magnetite per concentrates
uniform gold , not flood gold but pore space blebbed gold freed from a skarn zone up valley. Green skarn rock is more prevalent in pits one and two versus pit 4 and near lower Ottertail which is is predominently garnet green schist in bedrock

Gold from Pit 3

Sulfide/au bearing Rust seams Pit 4

Marginal clean up below gold bearing vein vicinity of Cabin and 40yds below beaver dam.

Mondo garnet, Largest found on the East Fork Chena
Large garnets are found in the gold bearing greenshist bedrock on
Lower Ottertail Ck.

Marblized calcite vein cobble float found below mother lode discovery. Plate contain Aspy, Phyrotite, and fine gold.

Fissle sulfide bearing limonite schist (below)taken from mineralized zone . These rocks are very friable . When crushed the sulfides identified are bornite, arsenopyrite, pyrite, phyrrotite, sphalerite, jamsonite,chalcopyrite and.........................................freed gold!

Exotic rocks in disquise, the above rocks above came from the mineralized zone ( see sketch) . The dive tender retrieved the samples after they left the dredge and landed on the tailings pile. The samples were crushed to determine a source of gold loss. After crushing and panning the concentrates were viewed under the microscope. Visible gold was present and sulfides possibly containing micron gold were present as well. Hence a stamp mill will need to be in placed when mechanized to pulverized fisslee schist from the mineralied zone for a secondary gold recovery

Alan Coty and myself pulverizing a 15 lb sample with a portable crusher

It is important to note that the above sulfide and limonite bearing schist was pulled from a 5-6 ft. (apparent) zone layer of rust. The zone paints the water red when the bedrock is retrieved. the rusted zone is layered as is evidenced by the schist plates. Also pulled up is a harvest of boudinage sausage pods. I will provide a sketch of the quartz vein and proximal mineralized zone later.

Clam pod crow barred from the mother load's mineralized zone (bedrock)

Lady
08-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Great work Bill.

Lurch
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Great pics. Looks like you'll have an excellent working knowledge of the site.

Bill Bohan
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Oh man , I forgot the thread had an editing time limit. Thanks for the Kudos Michelle and Lurch.
Below are two variance of bed rock on lower Ottertail Creek. The thumb size garnets (left sample, see dime for scale). Up for premise is whether the garnets dissolve texturally as the gold bearing veins are approached?

Garnet green phyllitic schist
One thing for sure is that the mondo garnet above is certainly an oddity.

Grizzlyadams156
08-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Great pictures! Thanks alot for sharing. I check this forum multiple times daily during work. These pictures curbed my appetite :)

Bill Bohan
08-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Below is the "Bling" map of the test pit pictures taken above. Pit 4 will be posted on a second map south of this section.

Second Bling map showing pit 4 location

Pit 4 is located in section 35

Bill Bohan
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Treasure map of the current location of the recently discovered Quartz barrier reef vein.
We have been looking for this vein for the last two Summers. The trend of the vein confuses me. Of course , 12 ft. of exposure does not detemine a trend.
More later.

Bill Bohan
08-12-2012, 09:58 AM
The vein trend NE through the oxbows. I will have to redraw this.

Sluicerjack
08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Great thread Bill! seems your getting your "ducks in a row". love the way you are putting maps and pictures together with a great recon, then summarizing with a story. looking forward to the end of season results, good luck to you and the crew.

Dreamer
08-13-2012, 03:52 AM
Bill,

Nice post! Wonder what the red line means going across the creek on the treasure map. Also what brand of rock crusher is that and how big a rock can it crush? Thank's!

Dreamer

Bryan M.
08-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I didn't understand half of what you said, but love the pictures. Being new I know I have a lot to learn. Are you crushing the larger rocks to release the gold or???

shaftsinkerawc
08-14-2012, 01:17 PM
It's a Keene Bucket Crusher available through AMDS. It'll take minus 1 inch.

Dreamer
08-14-2012, 03:43 PM
It's a Keene Bucket Crusher available through AMDS. It'll take minus 1 inch.

Thank's Shaft!

Dreamer