View Full Version : Who is AK Geo Group

overtheedge
08-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I keep looking at claims for sale, not that I can afford one right now, but I keep running into claims being peddled by Ak Geo Group on CraigsList.

I'm a bit leery of this outfit because I ran into a claim in BC that was being sold by the guy that runs the GPEX site. Lo and behold, it was being sold by Ak Geo Group too and the GPEX admin didn't know a thing about them.

So just a few minutes ago, I ran into another ad on Fairbanks CL and there was Ak Geo Group selling a couple claims. So I checked the Dept of Commerce site and there is no business license for this entity.

Their ad does have an Ak phone number and an email contact form but no physical address, so I'm a bit suspicious. Perhaps I'm just overly cautious. But it appears that they are not principals or licensed brokers. Most of the offerings they are advertising have no ADL number and some are definitely not in Alaska.

Anyone know anything about this outfit?
eric

Bill Bohan
08-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Eric ,
Where are their claims located Eric?

fineswme
08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Eric, if you google akgeogroup/school of mining ; you will find they also have a web site set up with a gold mining school, claims for sale, classifieds, and offering mining equipment fabrication ... I called on a secondary sluice system for sale also on craigslist -- The man I spoke with I think was from Russia and had a heavy accent.... Interesting box approach I must admit , was for retaining fines normally lost .... Wes

geowizard
08-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Was his name Peggy? :)

You can do a "whois" for domain name owner lookup - there are 14,915 domain mames under lycos, inc, owner of the tripod domaim under which, akgeogroup is registered...

next...

The recent claims are ADL 668720 and ADL 668721

Golden Bear #2, #3 located in S020N001W, Section 17

Owned by Audrey Bondarenko. She buys mining claims and sells mining claims.

Perfectly legitimate thing to do. The usual caveat always applies when buying ANYTHING... look it over.

This is all in the public domain.

- Geowizard

overtheedge
08-11-2012, 08:46 AM
No problem on folks buying and selling claims.

Reckon I'm just an anachronism and follow the rules about having a business license. Ak Geo Group aka Gold Miners Support Geological Group (supposedly in business since 1955), Audrey Bondarenko (if she is the owner of Ak Geo Group) and last name Bondarenko have no business license listed on Ak Dept of Commerce website. Could Ak DoC be slow to post? Sure, but Ak Geo Group has been advertising on CL throughout the western states for at least 6 months that I know of and claim to have been in business since 1955.

Larry at GPEX had no idea that the claim in BC (600 acre one listed on the Ak Geo Group site) he was selling was being peddled by someone in Alaska. Schools, fabricators and brokers are required to have a business license. Hence my concerns.
eric

geowizard
08-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree.

However, we have a right to free enterprise. It's called the free enterprise system.

If I sell tomatos or potatoes, do I need a license? Why should we and at what point DO we need a business "license".

It goes back to mining rights. We have a right to discover, stake and claim minerals in the federal domain. All you used to have to do is file the claim with the county recorder or in Alaska the district recorder. Now, you need a mining license. You pay annual rent.

Back to the point. The point is that an individual has a right to buy and sell. Should the individual buy and sell under the name of a "company". Who is the "company"? Company means there may be others involved with you in buying and selling. The "prosecution of an obligation" becomes uncertain because the "members" of the company become obscure and undefined.

- Geowizard

Geo Jim
08-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Needless to say you must be cautious when making any major investment. (Let the buyer beware.) Not trusting the seller is wise. However, i think you should be scrutinizing the claim rather than the seller.

The seller has to supply you with the claim information like township and range, staking date and ADL number. With this info you can check if the claim is recorded and kept current. You can find out if it is topfiled on another claim. If the claim can pass those tests, then the seller may be at least legit that much.

The real question is if there is enough gold to make the claim worth buying. This is the most important question about mining claims.
Geo Jim

geowizard
08-13-2012, 04:33 PM
The claims are NW of Hatcher Pass, East of Peters Creek on a tributary called Purches Creek. There are claims above and below - all connected with different owners. The area claimed has a brief history of prior claimants going back to at least two prior gold rush periods.

The one I pointed out before by Hatchers pass is available for $55 plus a few hours of staking. :)

- Geowizard

geowizard
08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
I've been speaking fluent english since 1955. When I visited this site, McAfee popped up with a message that a potentially risky connection was blocked.

Anyone that's been around since 1955 should be past broken english at this point. I am wary.

-Geowizard

geowizard
08-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Definition of WARY: marked by keen caution, cunning, and watchfulness especially in detecting and escaping danger — war·i·ly \ ˈ wer-ə-lē\ adverb

- Geowizard