View Full Version : sluicebox clean up update

carter
08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Heres my results of the first time out with this cleanup setup. My original thread explains my reasoning on trying it this way. I am completely impressed with the results of how the Le' Trap worked! It sat in the dredge sluice without moving around at all. The gold you see is pretty much it.(102grns.) Hardly any under the black sand in the corners. I went from 2-21/2 gallons of concentrates to just 1/2 a sandwich baggie running it thru this set up!! Very fast from in the creek to dredge to snuffer bottle to 4wheeler ride home!DONE!! Most impressed is i brought home all the concentrates to see if any went past(i had to see to believe) the all plastic Le' Trap, after panning the 2+ gallons, i had not one piece of gold ( and i mean not one) that went into the tub. Drawback of this sluice is the durability.161316141615161616171618

minersdelight
08-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Those are some great Pics. I started using the Le trap too after I saw the post from Brian. I used to have at least 3 pans of cons.

Bill Bohan
08-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Good job and nice looking gold

Marshall/Ak
08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the report on Le Sluice. That sure is a beautiful spot you have there (last pic)

Marshall

Brian Berkhahn
08-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Yup.. the Le Trap is a very good sluice and an excellent tool for cleaning up a large amount of cons. If you're using it inside your dredge to re-run your cons you should cut off the top of it to allow the water to flow through. Le Trap sells them that way incase you want to use it for their highbanker.. other wise you cut the end off to use it in a stream.

Nice looking gold and nice looking area.

fineswme
08-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Carter, why can't it stay that beautiful all year round ??? I would of never moved to Hawaii ... What a wonderful area to raise your children ; I don't believe it gets any better anywhere else in America .... Can't wait for the day to see you're "Le'Trap" bottom completely turn Yellow ... It will happen one day soon !!!!!!

carter
08-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Carter, why can't it stay that beautiful all year round ??? I would of never moved to Hawaii ... What a wonderful area to raise your children ; I don't believe it gets any better anywhere else in America .... Can't wait for the day to see you're "Le'Trap" bottom completely turn Yellow ... It will happen one day soon !!!!!!

The feeling of doing this as just "spending money" is such a high! I did go into this summer with a new $6000 dredge and getting snorkel gear, wet suits, ect. cost me, but it will be worth it for yrs to come.If that sluice is full i surely will be using some of it on my wife! Anyways thanx everybody for the comments, i too love the pictures.
Wes,
any dredging in the 50th?If your homesick to get to the totat. get some of the sickness out and do some panning over their and send some photos.

fineswme
08-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Carter, the only "Nuggets" I find here are typically wearing some kind string bikini and too big to fit in a gold-pan ; I could send a few pics if you like, I'm sure the boys on the forum could enjoy a few of the local scenery .... I'm sure you could "Detect" a few of them, a few feet away, with all the "Bling" on display that someone paid for .... A word of Advice for all ** Everything That Glitters Isn't Always "GOLD" ** Wes