View Full Version : First Ride 800 ETEC!

Nick Olzenak
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Welcome everyone to the new Snowmobile Forum at akmining.com! I am excited to be a part of this new community and will do my best to share up to date information and helpful tips as I get them... Or as they come to mind.
Tonight is the big night, my first ride on the all new 800 ETEC! We have all waited a long long time for this incredible sled and I hope to be the first to give my feedback here in Alaska! ---Stay Tuned!

http://www.akmining.com/images/forum/etec800.jpg

Brian Berkhahn
02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Good luck Nick, just remember.. your not as young as you used to be!

Brian

Steve Herschbach
02-04-2010, 01:17 PM
The part Nick did not mention is we are working on setting up a couple demo rides on this machine in a couple weeks. We will post details of when and where when we work it out. Anyone interested must sign up in advance at AMDS. I'm not sure how many people we can accomodate so it would be best to get your name on a list right away.

There is a lot of excitement about this new powerplant. See why at http://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=1511

Nick Olzenak
02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
I think Iphone should re-call its calculator app it MUST be defective...

The tough part of my job came today when we had to take off and break in our two new ETEC 800 demos... Real tough! It was late in the evening so a short ride was in order to test Mark Lesters comments on the new powerhouse from Ski Doo. I have not yet gotten 150 miles as he has but the 21.5 I put on tonight could be the most impressive 21.5 miles of my sledding career! A quick stop at the gas station on the way home revealed that each sled gulped down a whopping .9 gallons... Now by my Iphone that equals around 23 MPG......

Both sleds brand new out of the box this morning with zero miles on each unit! I am almost tempted to head back out right now to confirm my findings...

So what about the fuel economy right? Show me the HP some of you say to me from time to time. Well let me tell you it matters not what Ski Doo releases as a final HP number on this motor. Never before in my years of riding have I felt such perfectly flawless power delivery to the ground. As your fun center in the brain is transmitting to the thumb to press hard and let it rip, your already holding on for dear life! From engagement all the way through 8200RPM this sled flat out rips! Good luck finding a "flat spot" in this one, you will not be re-clutching or playing with jets to overcome any low or mid range bog on this animal because it just is not there! My PTEK 800R took some tuning to get to run half of what this ETEC is showing right from the box!

I was all over the place from 0-100mph, Bri was pretty consistant running from 30-45mph cruising along the trail and both sleds took exactly .9 gallons after 21.5 miles! Absolutley unreal!

This sled pulls and pulls hard everywhere in the powerband and delivers completely unreal fuel economy.

My one complaint on tonights ride... we made it to the end of the trail way to fast!

You will not want to miss the demo rides as Steve mentioned, call, email, or visit us to sign up today! The ride is one you will not want to miss! Don't take it from me, try it for yourself at our first demo event! More details coming soon but dont delay on signing up now!