Brian Berkhahn
08-23-2012, 10:12 AM
State Recorderís Office
550 W 7th Ave Suite 1210
Anchorage AK 99501-3564
Phone: (907) 465-3425
Fax: (907) 465-3454

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***

The Seward Recorderís Office will be temporarily closed beginning Tuesday, September 4, 2012 until further notice due to the resignation of the Seward District Recorder.

During this closure you may record for the Seward district at the Anchorage Recorderís Office. Please mail all recordings to the following address:

ANCHORAGE RECORDERíS OFFICE
ATTN: SEWARD DISTRICT
550 WEST 7TH AVE SUITE 1200
ANCHORAGE AK 99501-3564

Anchorage Telephone number is (907) 269-8875
(Recording questions)
Contact Name Ė Christine Yandell

Thank you in advance for your patience during this closure.

*If you have any research questions or concerns regarding this closure please contact:

Kelly J. Farmer
Recorder Manager
907) 465-3425
kelly.farmer@alaska.gov

OR

Vicky Backus
State Recorder
(907)269-8882
vicky.backus@alaska.gov

Got the Bug
08-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks Brian

Bob(AK)
08-23-2012, 02:30 PM
funny this happens about every other year, thanks

Brian Berkhahn
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah but this is a total closure.. those other times I think something just happened and it reopened. Maybe I shouldn't say anything just yet but just to give people a heads up for next year it appears that Anchorage is looking at E-filing. Will know more about that next month.

DavidRamey
08-23-2012, 07:46 PM
I was there at the Seward office this morning. BLM told me of the closure on Tuesday. It is my understanding that if they get a replacement, they may reopen the Seward office?

Brian Berkhahn
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
That's a possibility, but from the letters we received at the AMA from both the Seward Recorders Office and the DNR the Anchorage division is ramping up to take over.

Seems wierd, hasn't there been a recording office on the Kenai Peninsula for over a 100 years? Started in Hope then moved to Seward shortly after if I do believe.

DavidRamey
08-23-2012, 10:24 PM
I hate dealing with the Anchorage office. They always give me grief over BLM's time stamp in the margin. Seward office just says hello, thank you and see you next year.

Bob(AK)
08-24-2012, 09:04 AM
They can fold the side of the paper over and then stamp it so it is not in the margin

DavidRamey
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
BLM and the State of Alaska is supposed to have a working agreement about the margins. I get the feeling that the Anchorage office (State recorders office) just wants to ignore the agreement and have something to bitch about the BLM. I get no such feeling at the Seward recoders office. The BLM time stamps the side margin and the State recorders office affixes a sticker in the top margin so I don't understand the Anchorage recorders office bitching about BLM's time stamp. The very first time I went into the Anchorage recorders office I got a pretty intense bitching about BLM and they even threatened to charge me $50.00 extra for a non standard recording using THEIR form. I told the lady that if she has a problem it is with the BLM and NOT with me. I am just trying very hard to follow BLM & State of Alaska's requirements. I walked out of the Anchorage office, drove to Seward and it took less than 5 minutes to get the claim recorded and I was treated very nicley. I find it problematic that the Anchorage offices throws a fit over BLM time stamp and the Seward office doesn't care about the BLM time stamp. It should be the same requirement in ANY State Recorders office.