View Full Version : Nome Offshore Dredging 2012

Pork knocker
08-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Hello friends: Any information as to production levels for this season? I have particular interest in Non-diver dredge productions. Also, any insights into typical concession
royalties would be welcomed. Thanks,
Pork Knocker :)

thegoldgopher
09-02-2012, 07:36 PM
I am working on a non-diver system. Contact me. System would be designed for dredge owners who want to operate in 20' of water or less, no diver, and who have their own dredge. Two things needed: a good air compressor, and some type of small knuckle or davit crane.

AK_Au_diver
09-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Production levels have been very poor this year, due to many many many weather days. I think there have been about 40 production days since June 1st. Of course most new people were not up and running until mid July, so they have gotten about 15 production days.

The two veteran non-diver dredges have been doing ok, since they already spent years getting the bugs worked out. The four or five other non-diver dredges have had serious problems and setbacks, I don't know if any have got over an ozt yet this year. This is typical of non-diver dredge attempts, rarely do they do better than a diver dredge in waters less than 30 feet.

Typical production royalties are 20% of gross to the lease holder. But lease holders are hesitant to trust anyone, so good luck finding one that will deal with you. And a few, like one especially greedy, horrible human being, who I will not name, but only refer to her as JM has an especially bad reputation for distrust of others, greed, and making unfair business deals.

Akson35
09-03-2012, 11:28 PM
The hills out your way AK AU Diver could you give an update to the snipers out away from the crowds. Any snow yet? Also are you looking for new places like Below Nome South like Yukon Delta. On the sands out near Pt Romenoff small color stuff sits on the top of the black sand, also alway down to Emmonak. Any reports of anyone trying to prospect down that away?

Pork knocker
11-27-2012, 01:34 PM
AK Au Diver-I may have hit the send button previously, but I wanted to thank you for your info. I will remember "jm" as a no go.
I worked in South America initially diving, later with non-diver(hydraulic 12") systems and it would work real well where there was lot's of overburden (10-20')mostly sand, then 2-10' of gravel and often would have to punch through false bedrock up to 3-5' think(hard pack conglomerate). I keep hearing about picking and my question is. are there zones where there is lot's of material with some gold intermersed? We would work where the diver dredges couldn't...either too deep or too much material to move..Additionally, most of our gold was -200 mesh...never any large gold...sweet and low granules would be considered big gold..
If we couldn't produce 200 grammes per day(20 hours), we would move the unit to a better spot.

How much advance warning from weather radio,etc.,do you get in order to move equipment into port during the season?
Thanks again and hope next year is good for you!
Best regards,
Pork Knocker :)

Greg in BC
11-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Pork knocker that sounds like it was quite a system. I would be really interested to hear (maybe separate post?) how you had the recovery set up to capture that small gold from a 12" dredge flow? did you have some kind of blaster at the nozzle to help get through the false bedrock? Any pics :-) Six plus oz's per day would be sweet!

Digger dave
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I am in Seattle and have cranes and airlifts that will work great off of the ice- small cranes can handle up to 50 foot long airlifts- as I could not come up and stay to perform dredging - do you know anyone that would be interested? I would need to set up barge for next summer so would have to act soon

Kafeman
12-15-2012, 08:55 AM
I am in Seattle and have cranes and airlifts that will work great off of the ice- small cranes can handle up to 50 foot long airlifts- as I could not come up and stay to perform dredging - do you know anyone that would be interested? I would need to set up barge for next summer so would have to act soon

Hi Dave,
I have a ton of experience including 8 years in the USCG, operating a seawall building barge, running crew boats to oil rigs in the Gulf of mexico, and a lot more. I am trying to find someone who will let me provide the sweat equity and make something happen. Please PM me if you want to talk.