View Full Version : Chasing Big Gold in Alaska

geowizard
09-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm planning a trip to Swift Creek. :)

Who wants to join me?

Why Swift Creek? a voice in the back of the room asks!

Bob(AK)
09-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Swift Creek is claimed

geowizard
09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Bob,

That's a good point. :)

I actually hadn't planned on claiming it.

From 1905 to 1995, the Ruby district produced 476,751 ounces (14.8 tonnes) of gold. There are NO past producing hardrock mines in the area!

Have you ever wondered where the lode is? You're welcome to come along! I'm paying for everything (the planning part). My objective is to define the lode source using the available information. Since lode deposits move real SLOW, we shouldn't have any problem chasing them. :)

- Geowizard

flintgreasewood
09-06-2012, 10:02 PM
when are you going?

geowizard
09-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Hi Kurt,

There's enough information with the geophysical reports to nail down a few of the highest priority targets without a physical visit of the area.

It's a lot like Babe Creek. The work done on the Fairbanks survey can be used to help locate bedrock mineralization. I thought it would be interesting to apply the same technology in the form of the geophysical reports, mapping to speculate on the lodes at and around Swift Creek.

We really need to ask the question... Are there other Ft. Knox deposits waiting to be found and how do we find them?

The Alaska DGGS contracted a company to fly a survey amounting to 2366 line miles between Ruby and Poorman. Metal detectors measure conductivity. This survey measured conductivity and revealed 9033 anomalies. The anomalies are given a grade. The conductor grades range from * indeterminate to grade 7, the best conductors. The conductors are also modeled as discrete bedrock conductors, conductive cover, magnetite, culture, rock unit or thick cover.

Only 1 percent of the Ruby-Poorman district is exposed in outcrops.

- Geowizard

Bill Bohan
09-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Sometimes big gold will come to you
Last weeks visitors to the Sugar Daddy gold deposit.......Kinross exploration (Ft. Knox)
Not having any luck posting pictures with this wifii. Maybe tomorrow on a faster computer.

geowizard
09-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Kinross (Fairbanks Gold) staked over 80, 160 acre claims adjoining Ophir Creek too. If you check out their website, they are in an agressive exploration campaign this summer.

Bill Bohan
09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
They did not stake at the Sugar Daddy deposit. Obviously Ophir is the better target.

geowizard
09-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Bill,

I want to invite you to participate in Chasing Big Gold in Alaska. Using Google Earth, Geophysical Surveays, as you call them "Rainbow Maps", and relevant geo reports, we should be able to combine forces with input from other forum members and Chase Big Gold in Alaska.

My objective is to take a fresh look at the localities where the largest nuggets have come from. We don't have to physically go there (for now). It's interesting to speculate through geomorphing (which you are very good at) and using new information to zero in on where these big nuggets were formed!

Bill Bohan
09-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Sounds inviting, but short of commenting on a thread I am seeing my 4 project to there conclusion before taking on anything else of greater importance.

still no luck with posting pics

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=3400997877185

geowizard
09-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Bill,

I can sympathize with having projects that have greater priority. :)

If you can find a website to "host" your photos, you should be able to direct your post to the photos using the "Insert image" icon. I know you've done this many times before, so, it's probably another issue that's preventing you from posting photos.

I have started a thread devoted to Chasing Big Gold at Swift Creek.

simkiss2001
09-13-2012, 10:20 PM
so how do you use google earth and stuff to locate gold . i would like to learn this stuff

geowizard
09-14-2012, 06:22 AM
simkiss,

Bill is an expert at "geomorphing". Geomorphing is the science of looking at things from a geological perspective today and forming conclusions on geology based on the perceived changes that have taken place over geologic time.

- Geowizard