View Full Version : Were can someone find a mining job

Akson35
09-09-2012, 03:44 AM
I am looking for someone who is welling to employ a person with a lot of free time. I am having a hard time looking for employers who need labor help. Just send me a email and I am ready. I am looking for hard rock jobs since they work in the winter, also the summer, and it would be great to learn from someone who knows what they are doing. I have never worked in the mining field, just looking for a chance to prove myself. A school would be great to get the a b c down but I am looking for a mentor to help me in my path to teach me about the ins and outs of mining. akson40@yahoo.com

geowizard
09-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Akson,

Mining companies are like most businesses. They require that you are proactive.

Things YOU need to do:

1. Prepare your resume in MSWord and save in pdf format.

2. Research ALL mining companies online and click on the button that says [Employment].

3. Submit your resume as they request.

If you are unemployed at present, as yourself; "Why am I unemployed?" Don't "wait" for someone else to train you! Train yourself! Study, Learn. That way, you have more relevant "understanding" of the tasks, the terminology. Speaking the language, and knowing what goes on in a mine can be learned by reading....

I happen to know these things because I have done it myself. Become your own coach! Learning is a proactive task. YOU must do it! Don't wait for someone else to volunteer to be your mentor and open your head up and pour in the information.

- Geowizard

overtheedge
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Get your MSHA training: underground and/or surface, CPR, etc.

1. You will need it.
2. Already having the training sends the message to the prospective employer that you are serious.

eric

geowizard
09-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Yes, get MSHA training.

MSHA is now charging fees and overcrowding is occuring because wannabe miners are scheduling to take the class. Most attendees don't work for a mine.

Also, don't misspell words on your resume or letter of introduction.

Reno Chris
09-11-2012, 09:32 PM
In the last couple years there have been a number of threads on guys seeking a job in the mining industry. Do a search through them and I think you will find some good and useful information. Best of luck to you in your search.