View Full Version : Affidavit of Labor

Walt_Anchorage
09-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Once again the DNR Affidavit of Labor PDF form that allows you to fill in the blanks on-line does not leave room for the notary stamp. The recorders office will return it to you if there is anything in the margin. Last year I had the notary stamp right over some of the printed information. What's everyone else doing?

geowizard
09-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi Walt,

All of my notary stamps are in the bottom margin. None were returned. :)

- Geowizard

Bob(AK)
09-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah, the recorders started crying about anything in margins a couple years ago. Print your affidavit of labor on legal size paper--plenty of room for notary stamp, keeps them quiet, Bob

DavidRamey
09-11-2012, 10:10 PM
The Recorders Office in Anchorage is stupid. They only put their label in the top margin. I don't understand them bitching about the other three margins they NEVER use.

geowizard
09-12-2012, 07:46 AM
David,

Here's the explanation I was given:

The issue is that the documents are scanned into a database. The margins provide assurance that the document is contained within the scanned area. But, yes, the scanner does scan the entire area within the borders. So, there shouldn't be a problem. My affidavits and location notices all have labels in the upper margin too.

- Geowizard

chickenminer
09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Walt....
I think just about everyone has had their annual labor forms returned in the last couple years! Same 'ol story on the margins. They do not want ANY markings in the margins.

I did same as you. Had notary stamp right over wording. Not even close to margin!
Fairbanks recorders office very nit-picky on this issue.

I think Bob has right idea, print on legal size paper.

DavidRamey
09-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Because of the way the Anchorage office bitched about the margins, I always went to the Seward office. The lady in the Seward office never said a word about anything in the margins.

Walt_Anchorage
09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Because of the way the Anchorage office bitched about the margins, I always went to the Seward office.
I thought you had to file with the recorder that handles your district? My claims are in the Nulato district which is covered by the Fairbanks recorder's office. Could I file with Anchorage?

Where can I buy legal size paper in quantities of less than a reem? That would last me 500 years.

Bob(AK)
09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Walt, stop by tomorrow. I have paper for you

DavidRamey
09-13-2012, 04:41 PM
The Seward office was considered part time, so the Anchorage office would handle the Seward district also. I don't know if they handle any other districts.