View Full Version : Heavy Equipment Repair

chickenminer
09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know of a place in Fbks, or Anchorage, that will rebuild
a Cat turbo ? Beside NC that is.

I have a Cat 955H loader that needs a turbo rebuild before next season.

The cheapest rebuilt one I can find is $1,800 plus core charge.

shaftsinkerawc
09-26-2012, 04:34 AM
What year is your 955 and where do you find the H Classification. I know a guy but he's in Moose Camp, I'll check with him when he gets back in. I have a 64' 955.

chickenminer
09-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Mine is a '67. They stopped production in '67. Usually marked on the oil tank with the model designation. If not, the H model had 60A serial # for US production.
Those made in Japan, like mine, had a 93A serial #. Parts are mostly the same. All had the Cat D330 engine.

Yours would be an H model, probably has pedal steering?

Bill Bohan
09-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I am looking for an idler for an HD-11 allis Chalmers. If anyone knows of a contact, bone yard, or one abandoned in the alders please PM me or contact me at trampminerllc@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Bill Bohan

chickenminer
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Bill,
You might try Jim at Tracer Int'l, 456-7278.
He is pretty good at finding parts.

Marshall/Ak
09-26-2012, 05:36 PM
I've had good luck with these guys:

http://www.countylineparts.com/

Saved me a ton of money over what I would have had to spend at the Anchorage dealer, when I had to rebuild the front-end on my backhoe. They sell all brands, both new and used parts, either name brand or after-market...whatever you want. (I went with after-market generic off-brand parts and they fit just fine, no problems) (ok, so they were painted green instead of yellow like the rest of my machine, but who cares...)

Also, Brian Berkhahn used to be a heavy equip. parts buyer...maybe he will chip in here with some tips or ideas.

Marshall

Bill Bohan
09-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks Dick , I will look into it.

shaftsinkerawc
09-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Are you looking for a second dozer? This one was last run about 5 years ago but needs a front idler or rebuild. The guy I was talking about is an X CAT mechanic, but still out of town. Have a great day.