View Full Version : Dreamer

Gold-finger
10-11-2012, 06:04 AM
I've been tossing the idea of going to Alaska next summer to some recreational prospecting with the hopes of finding enough gold to make a full time endeavor. Some people might call it a Dream. So I have shared my idea (dream) with a couple family members and some friends. I got some feedback but not what I was expecting. Needless to say I have been told that It is a stupid idea. If there was enough Gold in ground to support a living donít you think everyone would be doing it?
Any thoughts my idea Aka dream?
Regards,
David

Steve Herschbach
10-11-2012, 06:24 AM
It is not impossible. But it is not easy!

http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/1297-Can-I-strike-it-rich-looking-for-gold-in-Alaska

geowizard
10-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Dreamer,

Steve has provided an important link above. It has had contributions from a long list of experienced miners, geologists and others. My advice would be to move the discussion to that thread. Thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of dreamers, dream about the opportunity to do as you are suggesting. The percent that succeed make the probability of success a statistical impossibility. The reason is that 99.9999999 percent of the dreamers are not prepared financially, educationally, physically or emotionally to plan and then execute a plan to become an Alaskan Gold Miner.

- Geowizard

Gold-finger
10-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Thank you for link and the Replies!