View Full Version : Minimum Amount of Water to Use Gold Cube? Recirculation

coloradonuggets
10-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I just purchased the gold cube - impressed with the results so far. I need to hike it out to a claim of mine - unfortunetly, its rugged terrain with no water. Does anyone have experience running the gold cube with a recirculating water supply?

jmoller99
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
I run Gold Cube cleanups in may garage with around 5 gallons of water (recirculating). Out in the field, I use more water, maybe 10 gallons total.

digger68
10-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I was using a gold cube for clean ups this summer and it worked very well. I had it set up with a 22 gallon tote. Only neede to fill it about half way and then as the tailings build up the water raises. After a 5 gallon bucket of material was ran, I would empty out the tote. I screened down the tailings and ran them through a blue bowl and found that the gold cube hardly lost any gold. If I screened down to -100 mesh there was a few tiny colors that the blue bowl caught that the gold cube had missed.

Recirculating the water and running more material will require you to shovel out the tote after couple of buckets of material and it will muddy up the water more than how I was using the GC, but I think it will work just fine. Also, the 22 gallon tote was large enough for the Gold Cube, pump, and frame to fit into. Makes it nice when its time to pack up.

rabbit
10-24-2012, 11:18 AM
I am reciculating with a round tub, about 10 gallons water. Under the cube I have a smaller tub that catches the tailings. I empty that tub every 1/2 of 5 gallon buckets. I can run three 5 gallon buckets before adding water. Continue to recirc up to 10 5 gallon buckets of material.