View Full Version : Jonathan Porter video of Steve H & Chris R in Australia

Steve Herschbach
10-26-2012, 12:49 PM
My friend famed Australian prospector Jonathan Porter shot a lot of great video footage when I visited Australia in September 2011. Chris Ralph of the ICMJ Prospecting & Mining Journal and I spent a month metal detecting for gold in the outback with JP. The video was turned into an eight part series on the Minelab website at http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk?author=24957 and part eight has finally been done, completing the series. Start at the bottom of the page for part one. Really good stuff! Thanks Jonathan!!

Reno Chris
10-26-2012, 07:35 PM
JP, you really did an excellent job on that video series. It was an amazing adventure and I truly enjoyed it. Australia is a fantastic place well worth visiting and its people very nice and friendly. Along with Steve, I would also like to add my thanks, Jonathan.

Jonathan Porter
10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey Guys, have only just got home from being away for over 3 1/2 months!! The gold Gods were kind to me this year but it is nice to be back home again.

Thanks for the kinds words about the video productions, could not have done it without your most excellent company.

JP

Here's a pic of a 36 gram 'sittin in the rain' my friend Greg found a few weeks back, not that far from one of our haunts from last year guys. :-)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee256/Portergold/Sunbaker2.jpg

Reno Chris
10-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Was that the same Greg we spent time with or a different one?

Chris

Jonathan Porter
10-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi Chris, yes the same guy :-)

JP

TheSeeker
10-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Steve, I just watched Jonathan Porter's eight part video blog of your and Chris's last year Western Australia trip and really enjoyed it,.. especially the clip of 'Jonathan the human Jackhammer' in Part 6! More importantly, lots of good setup information and tips for any GPX 5000 user spiced throughout the whole series. Looks like it was a fine trip! Good job documenting it Jonathan, so that we all get to enjoy a bit of the adventure. Thanks, Walter

Dreamer
10-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey Steve,

On the Minelab link it mentions the 3 large nuggets Jonathan found while using a ML 3500. Do you have a link that tells the story about these finds. I looked but can't find. Or maybe it's on a video.

And the videos of ya'll's trip were nice.

Dreamer

Steve Herschbach
10-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey Steve,

On the Minelab link it mentions the 3 large nuggets Jonathan found while using a ML 3500. Do you have a link that tells the story about these finds. I looked but can't find. Or maybe it's on a video.

Dreamer

If anyone can answer that it is JP.

Jonathan Porter
11-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Hey Steve,

Dreamer

Hi Dreamer, there is footage of the big nuggets I found on our video about the GP 3500 called "The Latest Update", DOC carries our videos in the US and theoretically Steve should be able to procure them through DOC assuming he has any left in stock. I wrote an article on it in the Australian GG&T magazine some years back.

Regards
Jonathan