View Full Version : trash pump for trommel .

simkiss2001
10-27-2012, 10:43 PM
ok i have a P350S that i pulled off a 16 hp motor that the motor was crap but pump was still good . Question is can i just go and buy a 9-13 hp engine and mount this pump on it and use it as a water pump for my trommel ?

Gold Seeker
10-28-2012, 08:53 AM
First off a P350S is not a "Trash Pump", that being said Keene's site says that the P350S "bolts directly on a 16 to 25 horsepower engine with a 1 inch threaded shaft.", which would make you beleive that the 16 HP was the smallest engine for that pump.

http://www.keeneeng.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=P350S&Category_Code=DMP

That being said, Keene's website does list a 11 HP Honda engine with a P350S pump on it....

http://www.keeneeng.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=P3511HE&Category_Code=EP

so it looks like you could use the smaller engines, but all of their 9 HP engines have P280 pumps on them so I would go with at least a 11 HP engine.

Just be sure to get the correct threaded shaft so it will work with the P350S.

Skip

Steve Herschbach
10-28-2012, 12:09 PM
The P350 is available in a number of different impeller versions for both keyway and threaded shafts, and in different weights depending on horsepower. I need to contact Keene myself to get latest list of impeller versions available. The P350 mounts on motors as small as 8HP and the P350S is the large impeller version for larger motors. Mismatching impeller and motor size could result in performance problems and eventual motor problems or both. Obviously if the pump came off a 16HP it can be mounted on another 16HP give or take a couple HP.

A trash pump is a pump designed to pass solid material. The P350 is not a trash pump.

To answer original post, yes, you can put pump on a new motor and use on your trommel.

simkiss2001
10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
thanks i was also thinking about going with this pump http://www.generatorfactoryoutlet.com/duromax-portable-4-inch-water-pump
my friend said it was a good one for the money .

overtheedge
10-29-2012, 07:20 AM
thanks i was also thinking about going with this pump http://www.generatorfactoryoutlet.co...nch-water-pump
my friend said it was a good one for the money .

Why are you asking us? Don't trust your friend? You are thinking about cobbering or cobbering together a random assortment of assorted. It shall be called a washplant.

But I'm not a mechanical engineer or understand process flow.
eric
eric

simkiss2001
10-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Well maybe someone on here has used that water pump . that is why i am asking.

fineswme
10-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Eric its killing me not say a few things , but every time I do it gets the "KOBASH" with in hours of posting my thoughts ... So I will post according to my experiences only ... Purchase the best equipment you can afford .. By that , I mean name brand and plan for 2x the outlet you estimate you need , you can always throttle back ... Never Good to buy equipment that you must max out to try to keep up , effecting the longevity of the machine ... Another thing I will mention is if you want to purchase used pumps etc... there is another forum on this site under "Classifieds" in the forum directory , try posting there : Wanted - 4" Pump -"CHEAP"... So many things to learn and understand , whats a guy gonna do with no internet access out in the bush ???? Be interesting to read the forums next year at this time ...

james a.
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
That 4 in proline dredge I bought last year with a gx 160 motor 4.8 horse an has a 350 pump on there.
Beutifull easy set up an lotsa suction on that litle critter!I baby my engine an bring that inside for the winter.(In the house)!
It does not need full throtle all the time,Thank you akmining for all your help an equipment.

simkiss2001
10-30-2012, 02:34 PM
well like i always say if you dont like what your reading then please keep your thoughts to yourself .Just because someone asks a question or is asking for someones opinion doesnt mean anything .

fineswme
10-30-2012, 09:42 PM
This pump may be a little better option for your needs : Notice the Price and Quality difference , Fuel usage , Also the 3 Year warranty

Found @ Waterpumps Direct . com

Subaru PTD401T - 449 GPM (4") Diesel Trash Pump