View Full Version : Wash plant manufacturers

Steve62
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Does anybody have any recommendations for any small to medium sized Manufacturers of Wash Plants or Trommels ?

I am thinking about a Pilot / Bulk-Sampling Plant which could run approx. 30 Yph.
Can't really afford to go to MSI or Goldfields. I'm on a fairly tight Budget.

Any suggestions will be most welcome. Thanks.

chickenminer
10-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Steve,
If you are not up to building your own plant, then I would suggest you just watch the classified ads. Be sure to keep tabs on the classified ads section of the mining magazines.

Are you in Alaska? There really is quite a bit of equipment sitting around in the various mining districts that never gets advertised. You kind of have to go looking around.
I bought a nice little 3'x6' deck shaker plant for $1,200. Wasn't advertised, I just knew where it was sitting.

Example ... I'm got a 4'x8' shaker deck sitting up the creek. No plans to sell it, but if a guy came along and said " hey, you want to sell that?" I'd say sure!

Put the word out to as many places as you can and keep your ears and eyes open.

simkiss2001
10-28-2012, 10:22 PM
yeah also keep an eye out on craiglist and ebay i might be selling mine to go bigger . you can message me for more details or email me at ron_simkiss2001@yahoo.com

geowizard
10-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Steve,

Here's a link to the "Maxi-Banker". Send me a PM.

http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/2157-Wash-plant-fabrication/page4

- Geowizard

Steve62
10-31-2012, 03:12 AM
Thanks Dick. I wouldn't mind trying to build my own but I don't have the space or time, let alone sufficient experience to get it right first try. From what I have seen so far, there just seems to be a bit of a void between the very small shovel-in Plants and the much larger Commercial Plants. I have seen a couple of the smaller 25 Yph Commercial Plants but if you look at the cost of those to set one up, for 25 Yph, the numbers just don't cut it for me. Thanks for the leads. I will keep eyes and ears open. The Shaker may not be the ticket for me as I have some Clay so it will most likely have to be a Trommel.

Steve Herschbach
10-31-2012, 06:25 AM
In Anchorage call Automatic Welding. They have built lots of custom plants for many commercial operators over the years. http://www.awsc.com/contact.htm

helo
10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Steve... I am looking at building a couple wash plants this winter I have built a few in the past,last spring i built a 20 yph trommel for a company down here in B.C. and last year built a oscilating plant that went up to alaska . Mined up out of Dawson City for 18 years and sold out last year. Price depends on what you want to power it with (diesel, electric, diesel hydraulic) on skids or on wheels, and if you want a stacking conveyor or not. I gave a company mining in the Yukon a quote for a 100 yph 5 ft dia New Zealand style trommel with all brand new parts new diesel engine on skids for $65,000 and with a 30 in x40 ft stacker and a bigger engine $85,000 to give you an idea of my prices. I have photos but can not seem to be able to post them here. Dan

Steve62
11-01-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks Steve. I'll get in touch with Automatic Welding and see what sizes they have done in the past. Did you see the Gold Rush Boys last week ? They say they have a couple of 150 Yph " Super " Trommels coming in ? I had a look at the Promo Video on the Website and it appears to be one of the " Reverse Helix " style Trommels. Be interesting to see how it goes.

Steve Herschbach
11-01-2012, 06:26 AM
No, I do not watch television much.

Dan, sent you PM on posting photos.

chickenminer
11-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Here is an old thread showing Dan's oscillating plant.

http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/1741-Oscillating-washplant?p=10928#post10928

bill-costa rica
11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
i really like that washplant. one day I will have one …. just takes money

bill-cr

helo
11-01-2012, 06:46 PM
http://sdrv.ms/RxxaA8 Some photos

hybanker
11-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Vigilante mining equipment You can check out their plants on YouTube also saw their wash plant on flume creek up by Fairbanks this summer... Very well built ... Edy

DanAk
11-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I checked with vigilanti mining this spring for prices on their magnetic separators, several emails and still no price , guess they did not want my business.

hybanker
11-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Don't give up as they were in Fairbanks most of the summer at least Tracy and Scott were I took them up to bill bohans claim on otter tail I will check I think I have their phone number somewhere... Edy

Steve62
11-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Dan - I've had exactly the same problem with them over the past weeks. Struggle to get any response and when you eventually do it's so dis-interested that you wonder why there is even a Website.

DanAk
11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Exactly.. I can build my own equipment, but was running out of time, thought I could buy from them v/s building my own, no interest witnessed from my experience with them..

carter
11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
how do you run a business & play at the same time? Customer satifaction makes a successful company! Mom/Pop size, your tied to it to have success, big enough to have managers/employees, then you go play.