View Full Version : Minelab CTX 3030 Downloadable Software Upgrade Available

Steve Herschbach
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
I know for a fact one of the thing that most irritates new detector owners is finding out right after they get a detector that an update is available. Sure, it is nice an improvement has been made, but all to often it means the detector must be returned to the factory, almost always with some kind of cost for postage at least.

Even worse are internal software improvements. New metal detectors are run by software in processors, and very often after the detectors see widespread field use improvements that can be made come to light. Very often these are put out in the latest version of a detector as a "revision" and unfortunately in many cases the only way to get the latest version is to sell the detector you have and get a new one! To say this irritates people is a vast understatement.

The new Minelab CTX 3030 is not a cheap detector, and one thing you pay for is the knowledge you will not get stuck with an old software version. This is especially important in units as complex as the CTX 3030 where there is a lot going on in software. The CTX 3030 lets you download software updates via the Internet in the comfort of your home. No expense and hassle of returning the unit to the factory or worse yet just getting left out.

Minelab just announced a software upgrade for the CTX 3030. The most important is a new Seawater Mode that enhances the detectors performance in saltwater. The CTX 3030 comes with a beach mode, but many users were reporting stability issues in some saltwater environments. The new Seawater Mode addresses this issue.

Seawater Mode Setting
This extra setting increases performance in salt water by enabling a higher level of sensitivity to be maintained, with reduced false signals, allowing you to find more buried targets at maximum detection depth.

Pinpoint Lock Option
No more sore fingers! This new feature gives you the option to pinpoint targets without having to keep the Pinpoint Trigger pressed. Simply press it once to turn Pinpoint on and then again to turn Pinpoint off. Of course, you can still press and hold the trigger to activate Pinpoint as before, if you prefer.

Extra System Updates
Minor system improvements include Improved USB protocol interface WM 10 Low Battery alert added Target Trace transitions improved Quicker language reset Low Battery Audio and Visual synchronized GeoStore data deletion improvements Reset speed improvement Target ID Panel disabling implemented

Thanks to the CTX 3030s ability to upgrade software online, these enhancements are now available at your fingertips. Download this FREE CTX 3030 software upgrade via XChange 2 and update your detector on the spot.

Learn more about the Minelab CTX 3030 at http://www.akmining.com/mine/minelab_ctx_3030_metal_detector.htm

TheSeeker
10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Steve, the software upgrade feature and continued support is certainly a nice feature of the CTX 3030. I looked all over Minelab's web site for system software requirements without success,... which probably means that it is Microsoft based.(?) For us dedicated Apple Macintosh users, is there any pathway to do the upgrades? Can our helpful local dealer download the updates on a zipdrive for us, or does the CTX 3030 have to actually be connected to a computer that is online to do the software upgrade? Thanks, Walter

Steve Herschbach
10-30-2012, 10:10 PM
The best info I have at the moment is that all upgrades etc are done via the XChange 2 program, which is Windows based software. I have heard it can be run on Parallels on a Mac but that is it as far as I know. I will see what alternatives exist. Worst case, bum a PC, load up XChange 2, do the upgrade, then delete XChange 2. I would certainly do it at AMDS for any customer in need!